Dr. Steudel is a cardiovascular anesthesiologist with a background in lung research, and trained at Massachusetts General Hospital/ Harvard Medical School.
Dr. Steudel is specialized in cardiovascular anesthesia and difficult airway management, and will provide expert opinion and testimony on those, and other, anesthesia-related topics.
Dr. Steudel is board-certified by the American Board of Anesthesiologists, and he is a long-standing member of the Editorial Board of the Society of Critical Care Medicine. Dr. Steudel is clinically active and is licensed to practice Medicine in the states of California, Massachusetts, Montana and New York. He is member of the American Society of Anesthesiologists, the Massachusetts Society of Anesthesiologists, the Massachusetts Bar Association, the American Bar Association and the American Health Lawyers Association.
Areas of Expertise
- Emergency Medicine
- Medical Insurance
- Medical Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: - MD, Free University of Berlin, Germany
- Research Fellowships, Giessen, Germany and Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston
- Anesthesia Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital, Havard Medical School,
- Cardiothoracic Anesthesia Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital, Havard Medical School, Boston
- Assistant Professor, University of Colorado, Denver
- Assistant Professor, Massachusetts General Hospital, Havard Medical School, Boston
- Peer Reviewer/ Editorial Board for Critical Care Medicine and other Key Medical Journals
- Member of Hospital Quality and Peer Review Committee
- licensed in MA, NY, CA, MT
- Certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology
- Certified in Intraoperative Transesophageal Echocardiography
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Society of Anesthesiologists
Society of Critical Care Medicine (Editorial Board)
Massachusetts Bar Association
American Bar Association
American Health Lawyer Association
California Society of Anesthesiologists
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Anesthesiology, Pain Medicine, Peer Review
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: March 2017
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 2
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, Medical Chart Reviews, Malpractice Case Reviews, Deposition, Court Appearance
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $500
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: To travel outside Middlesex county and stay overnight, a daily rate of $6,400
References upon request.