William P. Striegel is the founder of Striegel Associates. He has over 40 years of construction, claims and litigation support experience. From 1989 to 1999, he managed the Stanislaw Ashbaugh Construction Consulting Group. Prior to Stanislaw Ashbaugh he spent over 20 years in the construction industry (from field engineer to Vice President). He served in an executive capacity with three of the nation’s largest general contractors (ENR Top 400). Mr. Striegel’s firm provides technical support, claims preparation, claims analysis, and presentation services to attorneys and construction clients, on both a national and international basis.
Areas of Expertise
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Civil Engineering
- Construction Damages
- Design Engineering
- Hospital Design
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Education:
Washington State University (B.A., 1970)
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Professional Memberships and Affiliations:
• Former Associated General Contractors (AGC)
• Former American Bar Association (ABA)
• Former Arizona Builders Alliance (ABA)
• Former American Concrete Institute (ACI)
• Former American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
• Lorman Lecture Series Instructor
• Former Instructor, Washington Education Foundation of the AGC.
• Former Member of the Disputes Review Board Foundation (DRB).
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: no
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Many!
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Construction Scheduling, Labor Productivity, Delay Analysis, Defective Construction Documents, Constructability Analysis, Change Order Analysis, Constructive Acceleration, Damages,
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: Approximately 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: Approximately 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 25
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2010
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: twice
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 12
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 26
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, Analysis, Litigation Support, Reports, Presentations,
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $205.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: My rate is $205.00, however I utilize staff personnel (who bill at lesser rates) when appropriate to reduce client costs.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $410.00 with a minimum of 3 hours
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $410.00
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: All expenses are billed on an actual cost basis (no markup) and travel time is billed on a portal to portal basis.
References upon request.