Mr. Hope provides expert witness testimony for plaintiffs and defendants in water intrusion, water damage, wind loss, hail damage and insurance claims for historic, residential and commercial property. His services also include investigation, evaluation and condition reports for roofs, exterior walls and waterproofing. He is kept current by writing specifications, authoring detail drawings for competitive bids, on site observations and continuing education courses.
Areas of Expertise
- Construction Damages
- Construction Insurance
- Metal Roofing
- Scheduling Delay & Analysis
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: BS Civil Engineering Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Chi Epsilon Civil Engineering Honorary Society, Licensed Professional Engineer NY, FL, NCEES Model Law Engineer, Registered Roof Consultant, Registered Waterproofing Consultant, Registered Exterior Wall Consultant, Registered Building Envelope Consultant, Registered Roof Observer, Green Roof Professional, Certified Construction Specifier, Level One Thermography, FAA commercial pilot,
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: RCI, Inc. (Roof Consultants Institute), Construction Specifications Institute, ASTM International, National Roofing Contractors Association, Slate Roofing Contractors Association, Air Barrier Association of America, Green Roofs for Healthy Cities, American Architectural Manufacturers Association,
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: RCI: "Roofing Technology & Science II", Construction Specifications Institute: "Design Considerations for Air Barriers", RCI: Roof Drainage; What To Do With All That Water", Construction Specifications Institute: "Sustainable Roofing Systems-Green Roof Systems", RCI: Professional Roof Consulting", American Institute of Architects: "Wind Uplift on Low Slope Roofs", RCI: "Plumbing for Roof Consultants", RCI: Roofing and Waterproofing Membranes: Integrity Testing",
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: over 50
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Roofing, waterproofing, masonry, windows, sealants, wind loss claims
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: I don't keep track
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: I don't keep track
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 4
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: May 2016
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 8
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 10
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 20
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: expert witness testimony, roof consulting, specifications writing, site inspections, site investigations, condition reports,
Mr. Lawrence F. Walker, Esq.
1900 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Mr. Victor Caponera, Jr.
The Caponera Law Firm, PC
3 Atrium Drive, Suite 210
Albany, NY 12205