Mr. Fischer has testified as a forensic accounting expert on lost profits, quantum meruit, and unjust enrichment claims in complex contract litigation. He has been retained as an expert for both plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal court cases.
Mr. Fischer’s litigation expertise centers on billing disputes, damages assessment, merger reviews, historical and forward-looking economic cost methodologies, management audits, and multi-state tax sourcing of income through cost of performance determination. Mr. Fischer’s practice as a management consultant includes assisting clients with business planning, forecasting, operational and jurisdictional cost analyses, and building business intelligence platforms.
Mr. Fischer has over 25 years of experience with regulated utilities and competitive providers in the telecommunications, energy, and maritime industries. Mr. Fischer's professional experience includes two years in public practice with Deloitte LLP. Mr. Fischer is also certified as both a C.P.A. and Chartered Global Management Accountant.
Mr. Fischer holds active C.P.A licenses in the States of Colorado and California. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting from the University of Colorado at Boulder. He is also a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) in the Forensic and Valuation Services Section.
- Forensic Accounting
- Lost Profits
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Bachelor of Science, Business Administration (emphasis in Accounting)
CPA licenses in Colorado and California
Chartered Global Management Accountant
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: AICPA membership
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Expert witness training instructor
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 17 cases in state and federal courts. Approximately 48 administrative law cases in front of state utility commissions.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Billing disputes, forensic accounting analyses, damages assessment, merger reviews, historical and forward-looking economic cost methodologies, management audits, and multi-state tax sourcing of income through cost of performance determination.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: Approximately 60%.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: Approximately 40%.
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 11 times.
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: December 10, 2020
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Three times.
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 25 years.
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, litigation support, forensic accounting and economic services.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: No charge for initial consultation. $510 per hour once a Letter of Engagement is signed.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $510
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $510
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $510
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: 1/2 travel time plus travel expenses at cost. No charge for phone calls or copies.
Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
333 West Wacker Drive, 26th Floor
Chicago, IL 60606
Joseph P. Bowser
Roth Jackson Gibbons Condlin, PLC
11 South 12th St., Suite 500
Richmond, VA 23219