Dr. Val DiEuliis is an electrical engineer with over 45 years of experience designing electronic controls, digital and analog circuits, hardware, and microprocessor firmware and software. Dr. DiEuliis provides litigation support to attorneys and their clients involved in patent litigation. He consults on claim construction, contentions, and interrogatories; provides infringement and validity analysis, writes expert reports and declarations, and testifies at depositions, hearings, and trials.
- Data Communications
- Electrical Engineering
- Information Technology
- Software Engineering
- Wireless Technology
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: P.E. (Electrical) in Minnesota
Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign)
B.S. in Electrical Engineering (University of Notre Dame)
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Life Senior Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Adjunct Instructor at the University of Saint Thomas (Saint Paul, MN)
- Control Systems
- Computer Networks
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 36
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Analog and Digital Electronic Circuits and Systems
Computer and Microcontroller Systems Hardware and Software
Optical Disk Technology
Magnetic Disk Technology
Industrial and Medical Devices and Systems
Control and Servo Systems
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 21
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: October, 2017
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Six
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Six
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 15 years
Available Upon Request