I am an Obstetrician Gynecologist with 40 years of experience. I perform minimally invasive Gynecologic surgery including Robotic surgery, and care for pregnant women with high risk pregnancies, including advanced maternal age, hypertension, diabetes and growth restriction. I am also proficient in Forceps deliveries, a lost art.
I was Chair of the department of Obstetrics and Gynecology as well as the Medical Director of St. Luke's Hospital, CPMC, San Fracnisco, CA, which position I relinquished in October 2017. During my tenure I restricted the department and instituted several programs for the betterment of the department.
Over the years, I have become certified in three forms of Complementary and Alternative Medicine, namely Ayurveda, Medical acupuncture and Homeopathy.
I am also a practitioner and instructor of Yoga and Meditation.
My colleagues often refer to me or request my help in the performance of highly complicated Obstetric and Gynecologic surgical procedures.
In the last 25 years, I have gained reputation as an expert witness, among both defense and plaintiff attorneys. I have collaborated with them in the evaluation of medical records, depositions, and serving as an expert witness in innumerable trials, many of which resulted in favorable judgments.
Areas of Expertise
- Medical Records
- Obstetrics & Gynecology (OB/GYN)
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: I am a member of the following:
San Francisco Gynecologic Society
American Medical Association
Americal Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
Internation Society of Complementary Medicine
License to practice in PA and CA.
I am the recipient of "excellence in teaching" from the UCSF.
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: I am Visiting Teaching Faculty at the UCSF for medical students, interns and residents.
I am also a member of the teaching faculty of Dartmouth Medical School.
I have lectured extensively in Ayurveda, Yoga and Meditation to Medical groups for Symposia Medicus, as well as during my affiliation with The Lehigh Valley Hospital, Allentown, PA and St. Luke's Hospital, Bethlehem, PA.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: At least 50.
Mostly by Defense attorneys, and on a few occasions by Plaintiff's attorneys.
This has included evaluating medical documents and rendering expert report, being in depositions and as an expert witness at trials.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: Less than 10%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 90%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: At least 30
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 4 years ago. Before I moved from PA to CA. I have not yet established rapport with local attorneys in CA.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: About 25
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: About 20
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: None
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, testing, examining patients, rendering reports based on medical records and from examination of patients etc.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $400
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $750
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel, transportation, lodging.
Gross McGinley, LLP,
33 South 7th street, P O Box 4060,
Allentown, PA, 18105-4060.
Gross McGinley LLP,
33 South 7th Street, P O Box 4060,
Allentown, PA 18105-4060