Dr. McManus is a Clinical Psychologist and currently hold licenses to practice in both Illinois and Wisconsin. He practice serves clients from Chicago, the southern suburbs and the western suburbs.He is Board Certified in Neuropsychology and Rehabilitation Psychology. Both his academic training and clinical practice has prepared and qualified him to work with clients from childhood through geriatrics.
- Neurodevelopmental Disorder/Disability
- Pain Management
- Personal Injury
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Dr. McManus has been a licensed clinical psychologist in Illinois for the past 16 years. He completed his his pre-doctral assessment training at University of Chicago, his pre-doctoral internship at Cook County Hospital in Illinois, and he completed a post-doctoral fellowship in neuropsychology at Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital and Clinics. He is Board Certified in Rehabilitation Psychology.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Dr. McManus holds active memberships in the American Psychological Association (including Divisions 22, 40, and 41), the Illinois Psychological Association, the National Academy of Neuropsychology, and the American Neuropsychiatric Association.
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Dr. McManus is currently an active adjunct staff member at Midwestern University where he has taught Neuropsychological Assessment and Biological Basis of Behavior
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Dr. McManus has conducted approximately 25 Independent Medical Examinations in the past three years.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Psychological and neuropsychological assessment
Post-traumatic stress disorder
Personal injury related symptoms
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 55%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 45%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Five depositions in the past 18 months.
Approximately one dozen total.
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: January 2010
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: I have not been specifically requested by the court to provide expert testimony.
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Five
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: I have been more actively involved in providing Independent Medical Evaluations and assessments for Workman's compensation clients during the past three years.
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Psychological assessment, including pre-surgical psychological pain assessments
Neuropsychological assessment, including decision-making capacity evaluations for seniors
Case consultation and independent clinical records review
Individual therapy and adjustment to disability
All evaluations include symptom validity assessments
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $225.00 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $150.00 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $400.00 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $450.00 per hour
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Arranged as needed
References upon request.