Legionella consultant with 35 years engineering experience in various capacities include design, construction, commissioning, facility management and water system consulting engineer. A unique and comprehensive perspective to the issue of waterborne pathogen control from facility design thru commissioning, operation, risk management and outbreak management. Member of the ASHRAE committee that developed the 2015 and 2018 ASHRAE standard on Legionella control and is the author of research articles and books on the issue.
- Environmental Engineering
- Industrial Hygiene & Mold
- Occupational Medicine
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: BS in Marine Engineering from US Merchant Marine Academy (USMMA)
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)- Legionella Standard 188 Development Committee, Committee Secretary
American Society of Plumbing Engineers (ASPE)
Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC)
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Have presented at seminars and association meetings across the country for ASHE, APIC, ASHRAE, ASPE and IAPMO. Presentation at Plumbing Code Conference can be found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KstUFCRMePc&list=PLFAFD747F2EAB2698&index=3&feature=plpp_video
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: More than 25
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Waterborne pathogen related investigations including; Legionnaires' disease (Legionella), Hot Tub Lung Disease (mycobacterium avium) and primary amebic meningoencephalitis (Naegleria fowleri)
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 45%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 55%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: More than 10
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 12/2017
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Never testified in Court
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Never.
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 15
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, Legionella testing, Water system auditing, Waterborne pathogen risk management plans, Outbreak Investigation, Outbreak Remediation, Engineering solutions to building water system issues for all water systems including potable water, cooling towers, spas, fountains
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $445.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $445.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $445.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $445.00
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel expenses
- Restaurant outbreak of Legionnaires' disease associated with a decorative fountain: an environmental and case-control study
- Point-of-Use Membrane Filtration and Hyperchlorination to Prevent Patient Exposure to Rapidly Growing Mycobacteria in the Potable Water Supply of a Skilled Nursing Facility
- Infection Control During Construction Manual: Policies, Procedures, and Strategies for Compliance
- CMS requirement for Legionnaires' disease control in LTC
- Case Studies of Legionnaires' Disease Outbreaks related to Municipal Water Disruptions
- Preventing Waterborne Pathogen Transmission
- ANSI/ASHRAE standard creates multiple benefits in Legionella prevention The domino effect of ASHRAE Standard 188
David T. Bush
King Of Prussia Office
Walnut Hill Plaza
150 South Warner Road
King of Prussia, PA 19406
Pritzker Hageman, P.A.
45 South 7th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402