Award winning and highly experienced quality and patient safety physician executive. Over 20 years of Hospital and Health System Administration experience including Chief Quality Officer for 1900 bed, 4000 physician healthcare system. Co-founder and former President Co-founder of Society of Physician Quality Officers. Co-founder and Senior Advisor of Harvard Medical School Quality and Patient Safety Fellowship. 14+ years experience developing clinical guidelines and protocols. National and international teaching experience. Harvard educated and trained. Assistant Professor in Medicine, Harvard Medical School. Immediate past Vice President, Board of Directors, Massachusetts Coalition for the Prevention of Medical Error. Extensive experience in developing programs for hospital quality, patient safety, peer review and addressing issues such as Joint Commission Standards, Regulatory Quality requirements, DNV Standards, Credentialing and Privileging, Medical Ethics, Infection Prevention, Medication Safety, Anticoagulation Safety, Wrong site Surgery, Patient Discharge Patient Admission, Implementation of Electronic Health Records. Board Certified in Internal Medicine. Distinguished Fellow of the American College of Physicians. Prior to medical training, led project management in as an electrical engineer in the aerospace industry.
- Accident Investigation
- Accident Reconstruction
- Failure Analysis
- Health Care Economics
- Health Care Litigation
- Hospital & Medical Ethics
- Hospital Administration
- Hospital Design
- Human Factors
- Information Technology
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Credentialing
- Medical Malpractice
- Medical Staffing
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: MD - Harvard Medical School
MPH - Harvard School of Public Health
BSEE - University of Washington
CPHIMSS - Certified Professional Health Information Management Systems
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: FACP - Fellow of the American College of Physicians
Co-Founder and Past President- Society of Physician Quality Officers
Senior Advisor - Harvard Medical School Fellowship Quality and Patient Safety
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Curriculum Director - Harvard Medical School Fellowship Quality and Patient Safety
Numerous national and international speaking engagements in Quality and Patient Safety
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: no
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Hospital Liability, Medical Management, Patient Safety, Credentialing, Medical Staff Affairs, Hospital Acquired Infections
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, Coaching, Reports
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $600
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $600
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $600
References upon request.