I am a full professor with about 33 years’ experience in computer engineering, 4 years of which were in industry. I have a strong blend of breadth and depth in VLSI CAD, VLSI circuit design, and most aspects of computing. My academic research has a strong practical flavor, and is very much in tune with problems faced in practice. I possess a solid theoretical and practical background and strong engineering intuition.
I have extensive experience as an expert witness. I am articulate and engaging, and like the strategic aspects of expert work. I think well on my feet. I thrive on creative work, and find expert witness work to be like solving a jigsaw puzzle in multiple ways — intellectually, psychologically, and strategically.
- Computer Security
- Data Communications
- Information Technology
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: 1999 Ph.D., University of California, Berkeley (Elec. Engineering and Comp. Sciences)
1989 M.S., University of Texas, Austin (Elec. and Comp. Engineering)
1987 B.S., Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India (Elec. Engineering)
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Senior Member, IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers)
Member, ACM (Association of Computing Machinery)
Member, AAAS (American Association for the Advancement of Science)
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Extensive experience in classroom teaching, conference presentations, research funding presentations (1999 - present)
Extensive experience in depositions (approximately 25 depositions to date)
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Approximately 25
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: In the areas of computing listed in my “Areas of Expertise”. The subject matter of some of these cases include Switching Power Circuits, Memories (DRAMs and flash), VLSI Ligthography, Cryptography, Hardware Description Languages, Graphics Algorithms, Logic Emulation, FPGA circuits, Computer Architecture, and VLSI CAD software. A detailed list of cases will be provided upon request.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: About 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: About 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: About 25
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: In December 2021
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Once
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Once
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: About 19 years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Expert witness - consulting, testimony, reports, depositions
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: I will be happy to discuss my hourly rate via email or phone. I charge the same rate for all work (document review, depositions, testimony). I do not require a retainer. I do not charge non-work travel.
Available Upon Request