I have a MSN degree, 28 years nursing and supervisory experience in Telemetry, DOU, Pre-op/PACU, ICU/CCU, Medical/Surgical nursing, management, and education, including pediatrics and geriatrics. I am an expert in evidence-based practices, accreditation standards, and standards in multiple health care settings. I am published in the AORN December 2014 Journal.
Certifications/Certificates:Certified Legal Nurse Consultant (CLNC), Nurse Executive-Board Certified (NE-BC), Certified PeriAnesthesia Nurse (CPAN), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Basic Life Support (BLS)
Areas of Expertise
- Colorectal Surgery
- Critical Care Medicine
- Head & Neck Surgery
- Legal Nurse Consultant
- Medical Devices
- Medical Records
- Pediatric Surgery
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Certifications/Certificates: California Registered Nurse unrestricted license.
Nurse Executive-Board Certified (NE-BC), Certified PeriAnesthesia Nurse (CPAN), Certified Legal Nurse Consultant (CLNC), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Basic Life Support (BLS), Six Sigma Lean Professional (SSLP), Change Management Specialist (CMS), Manager of Surgical Services, and Surgical Services Educator
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: AACLNC, NACLNC, ASPAN, STTI, American Red Cross
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Several in-services to multiple departments on Malignant Hyperthermia, Bronchial Thermoplasty, Local Anesthetic Systemic Toxicity, Fire in the OR, and Hemorrhage and Shock.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: One.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Professional and ethical standards of care of a health care provider.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: None.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: One.
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: None.
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: One
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Obtain qualified testifying experts, Perform case screenings, Prepare detailed written reports, Evaluate causation and injury, Summarize and interpret medical records, Research and analyze authoritative literature, Analyze and compare expert witness reports, Request interrogatories, Prepare demonstrative evidence , Assist with depositions and witness preparation.
Types of cases: Medical and nursing malpractice, Worker's compensation, Personal injury, Products liability, Toxic tort and environmental tort, Strict liability, Negligence, Fraud, Criminal defense
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $200/hour, including telephone discussions.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $200/hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $300/hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $300/hour
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel portal to portal $200/hour.
At cost: Expenses (airfare, ground transportation, hotel, food and other incidental expenses).
References upon request.