Dr. Steven Williams is a Board Certified Ophthalmologist and Vitreoretinal Surgeon. He is the founder and managing partner of a busy vitreoretinal surgical practice with over 20 years of clinical experience. He is an expert in complex eye diseases including; vitreoretinal diseases, ocular surgery, management of surgical complications, glaucoma, uveitis, ocular oncology, ocular infections, and optic nerve disorders.
Dr. Williams has served as a consulting expert witness for over fifteen years.
Areas of Expertise
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology
Licensed Physician, New York State
Medical College of Virginia, Degree: MD
Binghamton University, Degree: BA Physics
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Academy of Ophthalmology
The American Society of Retina Specialists
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: 2002 - Present: Assistant Professor, Upstate Medical University, Department of Ophthalmology, Syracuse, NY
Topics: Retinal Detachment, Precursors of Retinal Detachment, Diabetic Retinopathy, Glaucoma, Vitreoretinal Interface Abnormalities, Orbital Inflammatory Disease, Posterior Segment Inflammatory Disease, Posterior Segment Infectious Disease, Hemorrhagic Necrotizing Retinitis, Retinal Vasculitis, Anterior Uveitis, Optic Neuropathies, Macular Degeneration, Pharmacology, Decreased Vision of Uncertain Etiology
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 100
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Ophthalmic surgical cases
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 70%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 30%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Five
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: One
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: One
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: Fifteen
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Evaluation, analysis, and interpretation of complex clinical scenarios
Clinical and regulatory oversight of physician practices and Ambulatory Surgical Centers
References upon request.