DIRT Expert, earthwork and site development. Expertise in cost estimating, standard of care for contractors, inspectors and construction managers. 35 years experience as a general engineering contractor, construction manager and expert witness. 200+ retentions, 55 depositions, 25 Trials, 100+ mediations.
- Civil Engineering
- Construction Damages
- Construction Safety
- Construction Site
- Contractor's Licensing
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Traffic/Highway Safety
- Transportation Construction
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: California Contractors License, A659969
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Forensic Expert Witness Association, National President
American Society of Professional Estimators, Orange County Chapter 3 President
CMAA, SCCA, ECA, BIA Orange County, CGA, CSI, AACE
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Orange Coast College (each semester) - Intro to Construction, Construction Management
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 200+ retentions, 55 depositions, 25 Trials, 100+ mediations.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Mass Grading and Site Development, Contractor and Owner contract and change order issues, Quantity disputes, Standard of Care of general engineering contractors, inspectors and construction managers
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 100+
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: Early 2013
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 18
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 18
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 10
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Expert consulting, expert witness, site investigations, earthwork modeling and quantification, cost/budget analysis
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $275.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $275.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $350.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $450.00
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel at half rate, airfare and hotel at cost +10%, copying of documents and plans at cost
Ryan Carvalho LLP
Rio Vista Plaza
8989 Rio San Diego Drive, Suite 368
San Diego, California 92108
335 Centennial Way, Suite 260
Tustin, CA 92780