Expert witness in real estate & fractional interest (FLP & LLC) valuations, approved IRS appraiser panel (L.A. district). Experienced in construction defects, easements, title defects litigation, toxic contamination, estate taxes & all residential & commercial property types. FLP, LLC & tenancy in common valuations also.
- Business Valuation
- Real Estate Valuation
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: MAI; Certified General Appraiser; CA RE Broker; published by ASA & Appraisal Institute; BA, Economics, Claremont McKenna College
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Apprasal Institute (real estate), American Society of Appraisers (multi-discipline appraisal)
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Guest speaker on property cash flow analysis, Claremont McKenna College; speaker at LA ASA meeting on liability insurance
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Over 50
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Mr. Decker has been deposed by opposing legal counsel with regard to several Chapter 11 Bankruptcy cases and civil cases. He has also testified with cross-examination in jury trials relating to civil cases. He has qualified as an expert witness in Federal Bankruptcy Court and Superior Court in Los Angeles and Orange Counties.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Over 10 times.
In re the matter of the: Ed. R. Benveniste Family Trust dated July 14, 2005, Los Angeles Superior Court, Case BP103671 (2007)
Hamilton, et al. v. Weitkamp, et al., Los Angeles Superior Court, Case PC039810 (2007)
Grant Kirkwood, et al v. LADT, LLC, et al, Los Angeles Superior Court, Central Branch, Case BC 327664 (2007)
Construction Loan Company, Inc. v. Wesley Sanders III, etc., Los Angeles Superior Court, Central Civil West, Case BC 285339 (2005)
M/J Properties, Ltd. v. Ranger Insurance, Los Angeles Superior Court, Case BC 300156 (2004)
Glen Doernberg and Sharon Doernberg v. Alfred I. Spivak, Los Angeles Superior Court, Case SC 070942 (2004)
Ridgecrest HOA v. Nihon Lancre America, Inc., Los Angeles Superior Court (1997)
Montgomery v. Cal Pac Roofing, Los Angeles Superior Court (1995)
Jun, Myung Ok v. Bel Air Crest, et al, Los Angeles Superior Court, Case SC 023248 (1994)
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2011
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Qualified over 10 times, testified three times.
Los Angeles Superior Court, in re: Jose Ruben Aguilar, Jr., vs. Warren Davis and Jan Davis, LASC Case # BC365541 (2008)
Los Angeles Superior Court, in re: Wainwright vs. McGhee, LASC Case # YC051163 (2007)
Orange County Superior Court, in re: James vs. Kittrell, Case # 708730 (1994)
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Three court appearances
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 20
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Real estate and business valuation and consulting, including damage analysis.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $175
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $175
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $350
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $350
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel at $175, plus exhibit costs and parking
References upon request.