I am a cardiac Surgeon with over 10 years of experience. I have published over 70 peer reviewed articles and numerous book chapters. I have been invited to give lectures at both national and international conferences. My areas of expertise include: adult cardiac surgery, aortic surgery, endovascular repair of aortic aneurysms, mitral valve surgery, transcatheter aortic valve, aortic dissection surgery, coronary artery bypass surgery and ECMO.
Areas of Expertise
- Cardiovascular Surgery
- Medical Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: MD: University of Athens Medical School, 1993
Ph.D: University of Athens Medical School, 1999
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Member Society of Thoracic Surgery, European Association Cardiothoracic surgery, CTSNet
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: 1. Clinical Characteristics, Management and outcomes of Intraoperative Acute Type A Aortic Dissection. Invited Lecture. 2012 Surgery Postgraduate Conference: Management of Complications in Surgery. Sponsored by Department of Surgery and The University of Iowa, Carver College of Medicine. University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa city, IA. Invited lecture to present on complications after cardiac surgery.
2. Outcomes of Repair of Acute Type A Dissection in the Current Era. Invited Lecture. The Aortic Symposium at Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI. 10/30/2012
3. Fate of the False Lumen in Extensive Aortic Dissection. Invited Presentation. The Aortic Symposium at Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI.. 10/30/2012
4. Aortic Root Reconstruction: Remodeling Vs. Reimplantation. Invited Presentation. The Aortic Symposium at Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
5. Trends of Aortic Root Replacement in the US. Invited Presentation. The Aortic Symposium at Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 5-10 per year
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Trancarheter aortic valves, endovascular repair of aortic aneurysms, aortic surgery requiring circulatory arrest, Coronary artery bypass, mitral valve repair surgery
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 60%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 40%
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: September 2017
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 2 years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Medical expert witness, medical chart reviews
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $400
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $400
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $5000 flat fee
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $10000 flat fee
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel expenses and hotel accommodation fees
Available Upon Request