• Board Certification in Addiction Medicine, American Board of Addiction Medicine
• Board Certification in Psychiatry, American Psychiatric Association
• Certified Tobacco Treatment Specialist
• Certification in Buprenorphine
• Distinguished Fellow, American Psychiatric Association
• Fellow, American Society of Addiction Medicine
• Licensed to practice medicine
• Clinically active and experienced: detoxification, rehabilitation, dual-diagnosis, correctional, Methadone maintenance, Buprenorphine, chronic pain & addiction, drug testing, psychiatry, impaired providers, gambling disorder, all areas addiction medicine
• Past Co-Editor of a medical journal in the field of Addiction Medicine
• Editor-in-Chief of a textbook in the field of Addiction Medicine
• Roughly 2 decades clinical experience as an addiction specialty physician providing direct patient care services
• Previously deemed by the courts as an expert witness for the following issues: addiction medicine, psychiatry, drug testing, gambling addiction, unhealthy cough medicine use, and for a variety of drugs and related issues.
• Roughly 50 medical publications
• Co-Chair of a major national review course in Addiction Medicine
• Opinions sought by Dateline NBC News, Pravda, U.S. News & World Report, and other world media
• Previously retained as an expert witness throughout the USA & Europe
• Experience being deposed and testifying in a variety of court settings
• Awards in research, “Teacher of the Year” awards at multiple medical schools, clinical skill
• Skilled in communicating complicated issues to the layperson
• Prompt in following up with your firm
Areas of Expertise
- Addiction Medicine
- Alcohol Abuse
- Alcohol, Drug & DUI Testing
- Drug Abuse
- Medical Toxicology
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Fellow, American Society of Addiction Medicine (FASAM)
Distinguished Fellow, American Psychiatric Association (DFAPA)
Board Certification in Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Board Certification in Addiction Medicine, American Society of Addiction Medicine
Certified Tobacco Treatment Specialist
SAMHSA/CSAT-authorized prescriber, Buprenorphine; opiate detoxification, maintenance
Diplomate, National Board of Medical Examiners
Licensed, State of Ohio Medical Board
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Please see CV on website (www.forensicaddictions.com) or contact Dr Miller for further information below.
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: International, national, local, and courtroom.
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: Nearly 2 decades.
References upon request.