With seven years of experience working in national insurance brokerage organizations followed by seventeen years of owning and managing his own independent insurance agency, Mr. Stein has vast experience and expertise in: Agent and Broker Procedures, Insurance Agent and Broker Liability, Insurance Errors and Omissions, Failure to Procure Insurance, Claims Handling, Directors and Officers Insurance, Insurance Coverage Issues, Property & Casualty Insurance Coverage and Placement Issues, Agency Standards of Care, Errors and Omissions Insurance Placement and Coverage Issues, Insurance Disputes-Sales Practices and Bad Faith. Mr. Stein has been engaged as an insurance expert witness in excess of 150 cases across the United States, and has never been disqualified by any Court.
Areas of Expertise
- Bad Faith
- Business/Employment Insurance
- Insurance Agency
- Insurance Agent/Broker
- Insurance Customs & Practices
- Liability Insurance
- Property & Casualty Insurance
- Risk Management
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Associate in Risk Management (A.R.M.), 1997.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Professional Liability Underwriting Society (P.L.U.S.)1993-current.
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Various speeches to business groups on risk management.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: Never.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 110
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Bad faith, Standards of care, claims handling, broker and brokerage procedures, insurance carrier procedures, property insurance, automobile insurance, workers compensation insurance.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 55%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 45%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 32
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: September, 2015.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: I have never been disqualified by any Court in the 110+ cases that I have been engaged in. I have never been subject to a Daubert hearing.
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 5
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 11
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Preparing expert reports, reviewing documents, providing testimony at deposition, and at trial. Reviewing Discovery and depositions.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $350 per hour with a 10 hour non-refundable retainer.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $50 per hour.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $300 per hour.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $350 per hour.
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel is billed at $175 per hour, not to exceed 8 hours per day, plus actual travel expenses at cost.
References upon request.