With seven years of experience working in national insurance brokerage organizations followed by nineteen years of owning and managing his own independent insurance agency, Mr. Stein has vast experience and expertise in: Agent and Broker Procedures, Insurance Agent and Broker Liability, Insurance Errors and Omissions, Failure to Procure Insurance, Claims Handling, Directors and Officers Insurance, Insurance Coverage Issues, Property & Casualty Insurance Coverage and Placement Issues, Agency Standards of Care, Errors and Omissions Insurance Placement and Coverage Issues, Insurance Disputes-Sales Practices and Bad Faith. Mr. Stein has been engaged as an insurance expert witness in excess of 200 cases across the United States, and has never been disqualified by any State or Federal Court. Also Admitted to Forensic Expert Witness Association.
- Bad Faith
- Business/Employment Insurance
- Insurance Agency
- Insurance Agent/Broker
- Insurance Customs & Practices
- Liability Insurance
- Property & Casualty Insurance
- Risk Management
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Associate in Risk Management (A.R.M.),1997, Insurance Institute of America, Malvern, PA.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Professional Liability Underwriting Society (P.L.U.S.)1993-current.
Admitted: Forensic Expert Witness Association.
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Various speeches to business groups on risk management.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: Never.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: In excess of 200 retentions as an expert in insurance.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Bad faith standards of care in insurance, Standards of care of broker and agency insurance placement, claims handling, broker and brokerage procedures, insurance carrier procedures and requisite standards of care, property insurance placement, automobile insurance placement and claims, workers compensation insurance, professional liability insurance, health insurance placement and claims.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 55%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 45%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 53
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: May, 2019.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: I have never been disqualified by any Court in the 200+ cases that I have been engaged in. I have never been subject to a Daubert hearing.
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 9
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 16
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Preparing expert reports, reviewing documents, providing testimony at deposition, and at trial. Reviewing Discovery and depositions.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $425 per hour with a 10 hour non-refundable retainer.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $425 per hour.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $425 per hour.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $425 per hour.
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel is billed at $212.50 per hour, not to exceed 8 hours per day, plus actual travel expenses, at cost.
Laura Ganoza, Esq.
Foley & Lardner LLP
One Biscayne Tower
2 South Biscayne Boulevard, Suite 1900
Miami, FL 33131
Patrick Conley, Esq.
Collins, Collins & Conley, PSC
P.O. Box 727
Hindman, KY 41822