Scott Moore & Associates specializes in traffic accident reconstruction and cause analysis. We offer a comprehensive list of services related to the investigation and forensic analysis of all types of traffic accidents. We specialize in auto, truck, pedestrian, bicycle, motorcycle, and bus collisions. Vehicle safety equipment inspections also available.
Our services include forensic mapping of crime and accident scenes, time/distance/speed analysis, motion analysis, vehicle damage analysis, and determination of causal factors. A telephonic consultation regarding the merits of your case is free. A preliminary case analysis may be obtained for an extremely reasonable fee.
Areas of Expertise
- Accident Investigation
- Accident Reconstruction
- Black Box/Data Recorder
- Bus & Truck Safety/Accident
- Driver Behavior
- Human Factors Engineering
- Mapping & Surveying
- Seat Belts & Air Bags
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: 1. Fully Accredtied Traffic Accident Reconstrucitonist by the Accreditation Commission on Traffic Accident Reconstruction (A.C.T.A.R. #1094)
2. Diplomate of the American Board of Forensic Examiners (D.A.B.F.E. #21113)
3. Certificate of Completion by the University of California, Riverside, Traffic Accident Investigation and Reconstruction Institute.
4. Certified Forensic Consultant by the American College Of Forensic Examiners (C.F.C.).
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: 1. National Association of Professional Accident Reconstruction Specialists (N.A.P.A.R.S.)
2. California Association of Accident Reconstruction Specialists (C.A.A.R.S.)
3. American College of Forensic Examiners (A.C.F.E.I.)
4. Southwestern Association Of Technical Accident Investigators (S.A.T.A.I.)
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Conducted vehicle skid testing and class on the different road surfaces and their respective coefficients of friction. Class and testing for the Arcadia Police Department Major Accident Investigation Team members.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 100
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Determination of vehicle and pedestrian speeds. Driver perception and reaction times. Vehicle inspections and damage assessment. Determination of causal factors. Traffic accident reconstructions. Analysis of traffic accident reports by others (police, reconstructionists).
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 75%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 25%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 20
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: October, 2008
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 7
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 9
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 10
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: The following is a partial list of services. Please refer to our webpages for a complete list of services and our fees. Consulting, vehicle inspections, site inspections, forensic mapping, time/distance/speed analysis, vehicle crush analysis, motion analysis, traffic accident reconstructions, visibilty analysis, driver perception/reaction analysis, expert testimony, court exhibits, and trial preparation assistance.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $175.00 per hour plus expenses.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $175.00 per hour. (Preliminary analysis of case is billed at a flat fee of $500.00) See webpages for details.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: Billing rate is $300.00 per hour. (2 hour minimum, plus travel time billed at $175.00 per hour, or extended travel time rate of $100.00 per hour, see website for details)
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $1000.00 per day flat rate, plus extended travel rate if required, see website for details.
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel billed at $175.00 per hour, or, $100.00 per hour for extended travel time. Mileage billed at $.55 per mile. All other expenses billed as incurred. See webpages for more details. (Travel time billing rate may be negotiated).
Robert Citroen, Atty (Defense)
Larry Fait, Atty
Riverside Public Defender's Office