As a Clinical and Forensic Psychologist with thirty years of experience in psychological testing and diagnostic interviewing, I conduct forensic psychological assessments (Independent Mental/Psychological Examinations, IMEs) and serve as an expert witness and consultant. My specialty is the examination of emotional distress, PTSD and traumatic stress, including the evaluation of deception, exaggeration, defensiveness and malingering and pre-existing mental disorders. I also conduct pre-employment screening, fitness for duty and risk assessments. I evaluate adults, adolescents and children. I have been an expert witness for both plaintiff and defense on over 80 cases and have testified in court more than 10 times.
I have examined large plaintiff groups who have been victims of train accidents and workplace violence. I am developing a computer software application for analyzing individual differences in plaintiffs’ reactions to the same stressful event. I have a national network of colleagues who work with me when assessing a group of plaintiffs is required.
I am Associate Clinical Professor and Associate Research Psychologist in the Dept. of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), where I have been a National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) funded research investigator. My research has been published in the leading peer-reviewed journals. I co-developed a commercially published test which is used by psychologists internationally.
Areas of Expertise
- Alcohol Abuse
- Brain Injury
- Child Psychology
- Drug Abuse
- Managed Care & HMOs
- Pain Management
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Sexual Abuse
- Sexual Harassment/Discrimination
- Spousal Abuse
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Licensed Psychologist California and Hawaii
Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (1975)
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Psychological Assocation
Law and Psychology Society
Society for Personality Research
American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Individual differences in response to the same traumatic event. Paper to be presented at the annual meeting of the American Academy of Psychiatry and the Law. Montreal, Oct., 2005.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: no
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 85
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: PTSD, Acute Stress Disorder and Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, Traumatic Stress, Emotional Distress, Multi-victim accidents, traumatic bereavement, employment discrimination and harassment, childhood sexual abuse, fitness for duty
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 40
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 60
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 10
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 20
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Independent Mental/Psychological examinations, psychological testing, trial consultation & testimony
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: 500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: 500
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel expenses - 1/2 or full day per diem depending on time, transciption, copy fees charged with no mark-up
Lombardi, Loper, Conant
1919 Harrison St.
Oakland, CA 94612
Kari Erickson Levin
560 Mission Street, Suite 3100
San Francisco, CA 94105