For 17 years Dr. Klein owned and served as the Executive Director of an Ohio 5 physician office-based, and corporate on-site occupational healthcare facility. He currently serves as the Transitional Area Medical Director for a National Occupational Healthcare Provider. Dr. Klein has experience in: injury/illness treatment, Drugscreen Medical Review, DOT/other specialized exams, disability management, executive health, negotiating with unions and other organizations regarding drug and alcohol medical policies, Independent Medical Examinations, chart review/ dispositions, second opinion in Worker's Compensation,comprehensive occupational exposure review including asbestos exams, blood borne exposure and treatment, heavy metals exposures, beryllium exposure. Consults with area hospitals on case management. Works with legal professionals as an expert witness. Performs patient care (9o%), administration (10%).
Also works as Family Practice physician with a group he founded in 1985. Performs acute and chronic patient care, from infants to seniors.
Areas of Expertise
- Addiction Medicine
- Driver Behavior
- Environmental Medicine
- Family Practice/Family Medicine
- Hazardous Materials
- Independent Medical Examinations (I.M.E.)
- Industrial Medicine
- Legal Malpractice
- Occupational/Environmental Health
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: American Bd. of Independent Medical Examiners, American Academy of Medical Review Officers,Fellow American Academy of Family Practice, American College of Forensic Examiners, National Board of Medical Examiners
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American College of Occupational and Enviromental Medicine,American Medical Association, American Academy of Family Practice, American Academy of Independent Medical Examiners, American College of Physician Executives,Chamber of Commerce:Springboro, Franklin, Middletown, Huber Heights, Dayton, Vandalia, Beavercreek, Fairborn, Ohio Society of Occupational Health Professionals, National Association of Occupational Professionals, American Academy of Medical Review Officers
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Diabetic Training, Cadmium Exposure, Smoking Cessation,Substance Abuse, Diet and Exercise, Respirator, regulations and safety, BWC regulations, MRO regulations,Monitoring Drug and Health Professionals,Workers Compensation
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Over one hundred
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Drug Abuse,Medical Malpractice, Wrongful death, Disability,Divorce (to determine need of support),Workers Compensation injury
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 65%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 35%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Approximately 25
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2014
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 13
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 13
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 20+
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Medical consulting,testing and care issues,Independent Medical Examines, Return to work and fitness for duty evaluations, Stress with EKG, Pulmonary Function Testing, Drug Testing:Urine,Hair,Breath Alcohol,Audio,Titmus, Site inspections for injury inquiry,program physician,workers compensation injury care
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $450 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $450 per hour (dependent on complexity of case)
2 hour retainer required in advance
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $1,000 minimum, and $450/hour beyond 1st hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $2,500 minimum(local) $500/hour beyond 1st hour
$6,000 per day(out of town)plus travel expenses
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: $1500 minimum for Videotape Deposition
$500 per hour beyond 1st hour
Goodman Acker Attorneys & Counselors at Law
1700 West Ten Mile Road
Second Floor Southfield, Michigan 48075
Peter G. Kline
Crawford & Kline, P.L.C.
1920 East Southern Avenue
Tempe, Arizona 85282