Mr. Maltiel has more than 20 years experience in all phases of design and implementation of semiconductor processes and devices. He has worked in the semiconductor field in the development and production of storage technology and storage devices such as Dynamic Ram (DRAM), Flash (NAND, NOR, EEPROM, SSD or HDD), Static RAM (SRAM) memories used for microprocessors and logic, digital, and analog devices.
Ron holds more than half a dozen patents that have been cited more than 100 times. His patents cover varied areas of semiconductor circuit, process, and measurements. Ron studied semiconductors at Stanford University graduate school and developed new semiconductor processes and devices at Intel, AMI, AMD, and Maxim. He is experienced in supporting patents and trade secrets litigation. He is also fluent in Hebrew.
Operates a website that is viewed as a major source of information pertaining to semiconductor technology and patents. The website addresses the information needs of technology companies, attorneys, and investors.
Areas of Expertise
- Computer Security
- Data Communications
- Design Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Information Technology
- Intellectual Property
- Materials Engineering
- Wireless Technology
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Stanford University
Engineer Degree: Material Science Engineering - 1980
MS: Material Science and Engineering - 1978
BS: Material Science and Engineering - 1977
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: IEEE Senior Member
IEEE Device Society
IEEE Circuits Society
IEEE Communications Society
IEEE - CNSV: Consultants' Network of Silicon Valley
IEEE-USA Consultants Database
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Through my web site www.maltiel-consulting.com/
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: no
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: about twenty
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: semiconductor technology, memory, pc, computer, storage technology, storage device
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: about half
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: about half
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: more than ten
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: this year
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: several
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: several
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: about 15
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: served as an expert witness and expert consultant in close to 20 US and International Patent litigations and is experienced in supporting patents and trade secrets litigation.
References upon request.