Dr. Roger Vazquez is a dually licensed mental health and substance abuse practitioner, has been in the mental health field for over 15 years, and has extensive training and experience in the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of mental health and substance abuse disorders. More specifically, Dr. Vazquez has served as an expert witness in the areas of addiction, suicide, mental health hospital admissions/discharge criteria, trauma, civil rights, and mental health billing practices.
Dr. Vazquez has taught psychology and mental health counseling course at the undergraduate and graduate level, including teaching masters-level courses in psychopathology, addiction, psychodiagnosis and treatment, psychometrics, marriage and family systems, group dynamics, and multicultural counseilng.
Dr. Vazquez has served as an expert witness for plaintiffs and defendants in both state and federal courts and in both civil and criminal cases. Dr. Vazquez has experience in general litigation consultation, psychological assessment and evaluation, expert witness report writing (including Rule 26 reports), and courtroom testimony. Furthermore, Dr. Vazquez served as the jury foreman on a complex double homicide trail, providing him the added perspective of a juror and jury foreman.
- Alcohol Abuse
- Drug Abuse
- Emotional Trauma
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Sexual Abuse
- Sexual Addiction
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
• Licensed Professional Counselor – License #69149
• Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor – License #11647
• Human Services – Board Certified Practitioner – Certification #2405
• Certified Anger Resolution Therapist
• Certified Crisis Negotiator and Counselor
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
• American Counseling Association
• American Association of Suicidology
• International Association for Addiction & Offender Counseling
• Association for Assessment & Research in Counseling
• National Association for Alcoholism & Drug Abuse Counselors
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
• Alcohol & Drug Addiction
• Multi-cultural Treatment Planning for Individuals & Families
• Group Counseling & Dynamics
• Marriage & Family: Systems & Treatment
• Psychodiagnosis & Treatment Strategies (co-taught)
• Psychometrics (co-taught)
• Social Psychology
• General Psychology
Guest Lectures, Presentations, & Interviews
• Psychopharmacology – Texas A&M University – Corpus Christi
• The Impact of Addictions on Families – University of the Incarnate Word
• Medical and Biological Treatments of Mental Disorders – Texas A&M University – Corpus Christi
• Z-scores, T-scores, and Percentiles – Texas A&M University – Corpus Christi
• Schizophrenia and Other Psychotic Disorders – Texas A&M University
• Identifying Symptoms of Addiction – Kaplan University
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 6
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Addiction, suicide, mental health hospital admissions/discharge criteria, trauma, civil rights, mental health billing practices.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50%
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $275
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $275
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $275
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $350
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: See expert witness retention contract.
Available Upon Request