Robert Pusins is a retired (2018) law enforcement professional with over 35 years of progressive law enforcement experience including over 30 years of service with the Fort Lauderdale Police Department (FL) and 5 years of service with the Broward Sheriff's Office (FL).
He has served in supervisory, management and executive command level positions and is well versed in contemporary law enforcement issues. He is a life member of the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) and a graduate of the FBI National Academy.
His professional experience includes service in operations, investigative and administrative commands and has held the title of police officer, field training officer, detective, sergeant, captain, commander, major, assistant police chief and executive director.
Robert has been retained for his expertise in civil and criminal cases, federal and state courts, in Alabama, Arizona, Connecticut, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Washington, D.C., West Virginia and Canada. He has consulted on cases involving arrests, use of force, deadly force, wrongful death, police pursuits, police tactics, E-911 Communications, policies and procedures and hiring and retention.
Areas of Expertise
- 1983 Litigation
- Crime Foreseeability
- Deadly/Excessive Force
- Drug Enforcement
- Emergency Communications & 911
- Law Enforcement
- Police Procedures
- Private Investigators
- Spousal Abuse
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: FBI National Academy
University of Louisville, Southern Police Institute, Command Officer's Development Course
Force Science Analyst
University of South Florida - BA
Over 3,000 hours on law enforcement training
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: FBI NA Associates (FBI NA)
International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP)
National Tactical Officers Association (NTOA)
Police Executive Research Forum (PERF)
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Arrests, use of force, deadly force, wrongful death, police pursuits, police tactics, E-911 Communications, policies and procedures, hiring and background investigations, retention, training.
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 21 years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Case evaluation, review and analysis.
Policy review and evaluation.
Preparation of written opinion reports.
Testimony in depositions, hearings and trial.
Quality of services, attention to detail and a critical analysis of all aspects in each case have resulted in strong client partnerships and repeat business.
Terry Fann, Esq.
Waldron and Fann
Gregory L. Lattimer, Esq.
Law Offices of Gregory L. Lattimer, PLLC
Timothy Beavers, Esq.
McFann and Beavers
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Benedict P. Kuehne, Esq.
Benedict P. Kuehne, P.A.