Full service appraisal firm provides expertise for fine art, antiques and all categories of personal property in matters of probate, equitable distribution, marriage dissolution, donations, insurance matters, damage & loss, etc. Apprenticeship in Europe, positions at several auction houses of international repute including Neumeister Kg.; Germany; Sotheby's; Butterfield's (now Bonham's). 42 years of field experience. Clients include major bank trust offices, trust and estate attorneys, private collectors, CPA's and wealth management specialists.
Areas of Expertise
- Antiques, Art, & Collectibles Appraisal
- Gems & Jewelry Appraisal
- Personal Property Valuation
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: USPAP accredited, AAA certified; ISA AM; BA Emory University
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: AAA; ISA AM
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: UCLA BUSINESS SCHOOL
BEVERLY HILLS ESTATE PLANNING COUNCIL
PALM SPRINGS ESTATE PLANNING COUNCIL
LOS ANGELES ASSOCIATION OF INSURANCE UNDERWRITERS
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA TRUST OFFICERS ASSOCIATION
LOS ANGELES BAR ASSOCIATION TRUSTS AND ESTATES SEMINAR
‘PASSIONS/THE ART OF COLLECTING’; PALM BEACH, FL
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: no
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 75-100
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: damage & loss, marital dissolution, probate declaration
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: @ 50
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2011
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: all
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 8
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 42
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: appraisals, brokerage, consulting, valuation, reports, inspections.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $250/hour for appraisal or litigation support.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $ 250/hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $ 500/hour for testimony
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $ 500/hour
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: negotiable
Stanford K. Rubin, Loeb & Loeb, 10600 Santa Monica Blvd. Century City. CA email@example.com
David Steiner, David Steiner & Associates, Century City, CA firstname.lastname@example.org