Dr Irwin is board certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine and Critical Care. He has been in clinical practice for 35 years. He has testified in over 20 depositions and over 20 trials, both for plaintiff and defense.
He has reviewed and testified in cases covering the full range of critical care and pulmonary diseases. Many of the cases have involved life threatening situations which warrant critical care management.
- Critical Care Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Malpractice
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: University of Cincinnati Medical School-1974
Internal Medicine-University of Cincinnati-1974 to 1977
Pulmonary Fellowship-Albany Medical Center 1977 to 1979
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: ACCP
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Respiratory Therapy Director - Samaritan Hospital, Troy, NY
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 15 to 20 times per year for the last 10 years. 10 to 15 times per year before that
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: ICU care,pneumonia, pulmonary embolism, sepsis, decubitus ulcers, asthma,perforations,intubations, hypoxia complications, aspiration,inhalation illnesses
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50-55%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 45-50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 30
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2018
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 25
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 1
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 25 years
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $450
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: Total $8000 out of state; $3500 in state
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: none
Francis Leary; Chason @ Rosner - Towson,MD
Chris Meagher; Meagher @ Meagher - White Plain, NY 914 328 8844
Jonathan Symer; Steinberg; Symer @ Platt - Poughkeepsie , NY 845 471 4455
CatherineGale; GaleGaleandHunt-Syracuse,NY 315 637 3663
Brian Premo ; Premo Law Albany, NY 518 436 8000