Use of Force Expert Robert Coventry, CPP is Board Certified in security management and has been a Certified Protection Professional since 1999. Mr. Coventry is a licensed in CA and Florida and has been licensed in Arizona. He has run the day to day operations of a multinational Security and Investigative Firm since 1987. He has nationwide and international security consultant experience in Durban South Africa prior to the World Cup, and numerous times in Mexico, has been to France, United Kingdom, Canada, and the Cayman Islands. He sits on numerous Advisory Boards and is a Government Contractor.
Areas of Expertise
- Bank Security
- Bars/Lounges/Night Clubs
- Deadly/Excessive Force
- Hospital Security
- Inadequate/Negligent Security
- Private Investigators
- Security Guards
- Security Management
- Special Event Security
- Workplace Violence
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Certified Protection Professional (CPP)
Certified in Homeland Security (CHS)
CA Private Investigators License
CA Private Patrol Operators License
CA Firearms Training Academy (Use of Force, Power to Arrest, Continuum of Force)
CA Locksmith License
CA Firearms Training Academy
CA Baton Permit
FL Private Investigator License
FL Security Company License
FL Security and Investigator Manager License
FL Concealed Weapons Permit
AZ Concealed Weapons Permit
AZ Private Investigators License (Pending Renewal)
AZ Security Company License (Pending Renewal)
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS)
California Association of Licensed Investigators (CALI)
Professional Investigators of California (PICA)
Florida Association of Licensed Investigators (FALI)
Texas Association of Licensed Investigators (TALI)
National Council of Investigation and Security Services (NCISS)
United States Association of Professional Investigators(USAPI)
Civil Air Patrol (CAP)
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Professional Association of Licensed Investigators (Executive Protection / Workplace Violence)
American Society of Industrial Security (Workplace Violence)
American Society for Industrial Security (Use of Force)
American Society for Industrial Security (Security Guard Management)
MSNBC (Use of Force / Virginia Tech Shooting / Workplace Violence)
KFI (Use of Force / Virginia Tech Shooting)
Univision (Security / Home Invasion / Locks and Security)
Telemundo (Use of Force / Home Invasion Robberies)
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 16 Times
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Use of Force
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 40 %
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 60 %
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 13
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2016
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 16
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 8
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 28
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, Case Review, Testimony, Investigations
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $ 295.00, after initial free consultation
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $ 295.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $ 395.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $ 395.00
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: • Travel by Car: $.95 cents per mile from the closest office; Los Angeles, San Diego, or Culver City. Parking at cost.
• Travel by Air or Train: The actual cost of the round-trip ticket, plus a ten percent (10%) handling fee. Mr. Coventry requires business air travel if the flight is over two (2) hours from Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
• Expenses associated with photography, reproduction of documents and photographs, preparation of exhibits, storage of materials or evidence, and other reasonable expenditures shall be reimbursed at market rates.
• Lodging: For any travel of more than one hundred (100) miles from Mr. Coventry’s nearest office, Mr. Coventry shall be reimbursed for the cost of meals and lodging, plus a ten percent (10%) handling fee.
• Car Rental: In the event of travel beyond the local area, Mr. Coventry shall be reimbursed for the cost of a mid-sized rental car, with a navigation system and any associated expenses, plus a ten percent (10%) handling fee. During winter months in inclement weather Mr. Coventry requires the rental of a SUV with 4-wheel drive.
• Unless otherwise instructed by the client, or unless refundable tickets are not available, Mr. Coventry will purchase refundable tickets for any necessary travel. Should the client request that Mr. Coventry purchase non-refundable tickets in order to travel at a lower cost, or if refundable tickets are not available, the client shall reimburse Mr. Coventry for the cost of any non-refundable ticket at the rate outlined herein whether or not the ticket is used.
• The client may avoid the ten percent handling fee associated with certain travel expenses by arranging to directly purchase round-trip travel tickets on behalf of the expert, and by arranging for the direct payment of any car rental expense, lodging, and meal expenses by the client’s office.
References upon request.