Unlike an academic expert, Rob Wallace has more than a 30 years of expertise in developing leading global brand identites and messaging. In addition he has served on more than 50 cases involving all trademark, trade dress, copyright, deceptive advertising, likelihood of confusion, brand dilution, evident intent, damages, unfair competition and all other intellectual property and Lanham Act issues.
As the managing partner of Wallace Church Inc for 30 years, one of the nation's most accomplished brand identity strategy and package design firms, Rob worked on global branding assignments in literally every product segment including Coca-Cola, Procter & Gamble, Nestle, Unilever, Target, Pfizer, The Home Depot, Dell, Bacardi and more than 50 global corporations of equal caliber.
Please learn more at www.RobWallaceExpert.com where you can see a short video, download references, articles, case issues and all related materials.
Rob is a branding industry thought leader. He has spoken at more than a 50 branding industry events and client functions across the US, Europe, Latin America and Asia. He has lectured at Columbia Business School, Georgetown, University of Texas, SVA's Masters in Branding Program and over a dozen master and PhD level courses.
Rob is on the board of directors of The Design Management Institute, the global consortium of design leaders. He has chaired the Design Value Project, proving brand design's return on investment.
Rob has published over 30 articles, co-cuthored several books been interviewed by the Wall Street Journal and other business publications. He is known as the industry thought leader on quantifying design's value.
Areas of Expertise
- Intellectual Property
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Post graduate MBA Branding work at The New School, NYC
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Board of Directors, The Design Management Institute
Co-Chair: The Design Value Project
Distinguished Faculty: Path To Purchase Institute
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Frequent lecturer at Columbia Business School, Georgetown, University of Texas, The School of Visual Arts Masters in Branding Program and numerous other MBA and post grad programs
Keynote at more than 50 branding industry events across North and South America, Europe and Asia.
Referred to as "THE industry thought leader on brand identity valuation and ROI"
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: no
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: More than 50 current cases
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Trademark infringement, trade dress infringement, copyright infringement, corporate identity infringement, product design infringement, brand identity infringement, package design infringement, advertising infringement, web site infringement, intellectual property infringement, licensing, brand dilution, damages, counterfeiting, false advertising, deceptive advertising, corrective advertising, branding industry best practices, likelihood of confusion, evident intent
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 60%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 40%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Virtually every one of my +50 cases
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: October 2017
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: To my knowledge, all of my reports and deposition testimony have been accepted by US District and Federal courts with no successful Daubert challenges.
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Three cases, two at trial and one at arbitration.
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: +18 years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Infringement analytics/consulting, report writing, survey design, fielding and analytics, rebuttal reports, damages calculation
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $400
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $400
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $500
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel reimbursed at cost, $200 per hour travel time outside of metro NYC area ( maximum 5 hours per day)
Shearman & Sterling LLP
599 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10022
James V Masella
Peterson Belknap Webb & Tyler
1133 Avenue of the Americas
New York, New York 10036
Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
901 New York Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20001
Merrill’s Wharf 254 Commercial Street
Portland, ME 04101