Dr Troast is independent forensic toxicologist consulting on the toxic effects from exposure to metals such as lead and aresenic as well as the toxic effects of asbestos to humans. Dr. Troast has consulted with numerous groups including attorneys and unions representing individuals and groups exposed to metals at their residences and their workplaces. He is an expert on the health effects of lead in the environment. He has been accepted as an expert in both State and Federal Courts. He has published papers in peer reviewed journals on lead and has written and edited papers released through the government on environmental and health effects of lead and asbestos and risk assessments of other metals. His experience is based upon over 30 years of research and field work in understanding the many aspects of environmental toxicity exposure and risk assessments to humans.
Areas of Expertise
- Environmental Toxicology
- Hazardous Materials
- Hazardous Waste
- Lead Poisoning
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: PhD George Mason University 2005. Environmental Science
MS West Virginia University 1971 Biochemistry
BA West Virginia University 1969 Biology
USEPA Numerous Awards for Science Including Bronze Medal
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Society of Toxicology, Society for Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, American Chemical Society
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Lecture at Shepard University Forum Title " Environmental Lead - It is Still a Human Threat"
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: I have been retained in over 75 different cases and projects. There have been about 25 different firms.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Toxicology and Environmental Hazards
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 80%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 15%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: >40
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: June 2017
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Twice
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Three
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 10
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, Reports, Site Inspections andPlanning
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $225
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $225
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $1300/day (4-5 hour maximum per day)
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $2500 per day plus hourly rate prior to review case history
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel and per diem rates on a direct reimbursement basis. Travel may require advance fees depending on distance and duration.
Michael Pulver Esq., The Yost Legal Group, firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael Jacks Esq., Jacks Legal Group, email@example.com