Dr. Richard A. Mendelson is an Industrial and Organizational Psychologist and college professor at Keiser University. Before this he taught high school for 13 years. He holds advanced degrees in Psychology and Industrial and Organizational Psychology. Dr. Mendelson consults and testifies on issues of school safety, ADA rights, and education policy, as well as sexual harassment in businesses. He is also a reputed authority on issues related to interpersonal relations, stress management, adaptability, and other aspects of social and emotional intelligence. He also consults on employee selection and retention, diversity issues, leadership, decision-making, and organizational architecture. Dr. Mendelson has provided insight and expertise to Statewide Grand Jury investigations regarding multifaceted failures in education systems.
Relevant publications are available for reading at the following link:
He has consulted to:
The International Space Medicine Consortium
Large Organizations he has lectured to:
The Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychologists
The American Psychological Association
The Central European Bank
Old Dominion University I/O Psychology Student Organization
Capella University I/O Student Association
Turning Point USA (Non-Partisan Political Organization)
Dr. Mendelson's goal is to provide information and insight regarding his areas of expertise in order to allow clients to make more educated decisions regarding their case.
Areas of Expertise
- Education & Schools
- Human Resources
- Industrial Psychology
- School Safety
- School Security
- Sexual Harassment/Discrimination
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Ph. D. Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP)
American Psychological Association (APA)
Consortium for Research on Emotional Intelligence in Organizations (CREIO)
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Dr. Mendelson was a public school teacher for 13 years, and has served as a Professor of Industrial and Organizational Psychology at Keiser University for the past 6 years. In this role, he teaches General Psychology coursework, Industrial and Organizational Psychology coursework, as well as Research Methods and Research Design.
Dr. Mendelson regularly speaks on issues regarding school safety and educational policy from an I/O Psychology perspective to illustrate the difference between policy and practice, as well as how changes can be made to make educational institutions safer and more effective for students, staff, and faculty.
Dr. Mendelson frequently presents research at international and prestigious conferences such as the American Psychological Association Annual Conference and the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology Annual Conference.
He regularly guest lectures on the topic of emotional intelligence and social and emotional learning at Universities throughout the United States, and has given invited talks for the Central European Bank, Innova Space, and the International Space Medicine Consortium.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Less than 100. I have served as a Consultant for multiple cases in which ADA issues were in question. I have also provided insight and expertise to Statewide Grand Jury investigations convened on the basis of investigation of multiple institutions of education.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Education Policy
Organizational Policy vs. Organizational Practice
Social and Emotional Learning
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50%
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: Less than 5
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, reports, depositions, testimony
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: Varies
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: Varies
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: Varies
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: Varies
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel Expenses
Available Upon Request