Richard A. Honaker, M.D., F.A.A.F.P. is Board Certified in Family Medicine and provides expert case
review/analysis and expert witness testimony regarding Family Practice and General Medicine cases.
He is also available for evaluation and opinions regarding Personal Injury and Workers’ Compensation
cases. In addition, he is available to informally evaluate the weaknesses and strengths of a case and
advise the attorney regarding which particular medical points are important. He is very experienced
in assessing the standard of care, negligence, medical probability, and proximate cause. He is experienced
in case reviews, production of comprehensive and well-worded reports, and deposition testimony.
Dr. Honaker has been in practice for over 30 years and has been the Senior Physician and President
of a 10-provider group, including midlevels .
- Brain Injury
- Family Practice/Family Medicine
- Independent Medical Examinations
- Life Care Planning
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Radiation Oncology
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: M.D. degree University of Virginia School of Medicine 1977
Board Certified in Family Practice by the American Board of Family of Medicine
Licensed in Virginia and Texas
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Academy of Family Practice
Albemarle County Medical Society
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Extensive history of lectures to physicians and to the community.
Many Videos on You Tube and Google regarding Medical Minutes recorded for the Best Docs network. Access by "Dr. Honaker Medical Minute"
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Approximately 95
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Family Practice and General Medicine
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 75 percent
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 25 percent
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 43
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: December 2019
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 4
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 4
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 20 years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, file review, reports, site inspections, advice on the merits of a case being screened by a lawfirm.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $385/hr
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $385/hr
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $585/hr
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: To be determined. Fair market rate.
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Negotiable
Colleen Carboy - Carrollton, Texas Office phone: 972-410-4200 Email: email@example.com
Micheal Megrey - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Office phone: 412-388-0848
Marc Stewart - Little Rock, Ark Office phone: 501-436-8133
Richard Foley- Lexington, Kentucky Office phone: 859-252-4357
Sunny Smith - Fort Worth, Texas Office Phone: 817-335-7201
Kim Bocell - Dallas, Texas Office Phone: 214-905-2003
Garabet Zakeosian - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Office phone: 215-772-1000