Specialized Investigations areas of expertise are: Fraud, Insurance, Workers' Compensation, Surveillance, Labor & Employment, Medical, Civil, Criminal, Trial Preparation, Locates & Skiptracing, Asset Searches, Background Checks, Statements, Process Service, Social Media Investigations, and Information Services.
Areas of Expertise
- Asset Searches
- Fraud Investigation
- Insurance Fraud
- Judgment Recovery
- Private Investigators
- Process Service
- Skip Tracing
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice; CA. Private Investigator license 13855; AZ. Private Investigator license 1578351; WA Private Investigator license 1831; Certified Fraud Investigator (CFE); Certified Professional Investigator (CFI); Certified Fraud Specialist (CFS); Workers' Compensation Claims Administrator (WCCA)
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Affiliate Member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA); Member of the Southern California Fraud Investigator's Association(SCFIA); Member California Association of Licensed Investigators(CALI); Member National Council of Investigation and Security Services (NCISS); Northern California Fraud Investigators's Association (NCFIA); Texas Association of Licensed Investigators (TALI)(affiliate member); Association of Insurance Professionals (AIP); Arizona Association of Licensed Private Investigators (AALPI); Professional Investigators of California Association (PICA); Los Angeles County Bar Association (Associate member); Washington Association of Legal Investigators (WALI);
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Spoken numerous times on the following subjects: "The Investigative Medical Audit"; Insurance Fraud Investigations; Public Record Computer Databases; Surveillance Investigation; Privacy Issues related to Investigations; Social Media Investigations: The Legal, Ethical & Evidentiary Issues; Fraud; and many more topics.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: NO
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: twice
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Fraud
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: NONE
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: TWICE
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Four
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2010
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Once
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: once
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 5 years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Investigative services; Consulting; reports;
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: 75 hr.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: 75 hr.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: 90 hr.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: 120 hr.
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: 69 cents per mile; copy fees; travel time; investigative sources
Barry Zalma, Barry Zalma Law Office,4441 Sepulveda
Culver City, CA 90230,(310) 390-4455,firstname.lastname@example.org;
Aaron Sheldon, 16130 Ventura Bvd.,Ste.600, Encino, CA. 91436, 818-783-1664, email@example.com;
Barry Bradley,Bradley & Gmelich, 700 N. Brand Bvd., 10th Floor, Glendale, CA 91203, Office (818) 243-5200, firstname.lastname@example.org