Areas of expertise include mechanical and biomedical engineering, accident reconstruction and biomechanics.
Demonstrated accuracy in research and scientific analysis in mechanical and biomedical engineering and regulatory assessments.
Former university professor of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Biomedical & Human Factors Engineering; Former Professor of Medicine; and Former Endowed Chair Professor of Biomedical Engineering .
Areas of Expertise
- Accident Investigation
- Accident Reconstruction
- Aerospace Engineering
- Amusement Parks
- Automotive Engineering
- Brain Injury
- Crime Scene Analysis
- Design Engineering
- Elevator & Escalator
- Environmental Engineering
- Failure Analysis
- Forensic Engineering
- Human Factors Engineering
- Hydraulic Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Labels & Warnings
- Materials Engineering
- Mathematical Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Malpractice
- Occupational/Environmental Health
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Seat Belts & Air Bags
- Slip, Trip & Fall
- Software Engineering
- Thermal Engineering
- Traffic/Highway Safety
- Transportation Engineering
- Transportation Safety
- Walking & Working Surfaces
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Ph.D.; M.A.Sc.; B.A.Sc.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Invited Scientific Reviewer:
Journal: Heat and Mass Transfer – published by Springer Berlin / Heidelberg (Germany)
NSF (National Science Foundation) SBIR/STTR grant proposal reviewer, Panel Participant
Journal of Biomechanical Engineering (U.S.A.)
Journal of Biomechanics
Applied Mechanics Reviews (U.S.A.)
Canadian Heart Foundation Applications
Mathematical and Computer Modeling - An International Journal
International Journal of Pharmaceutics
Cooperative Grants Program of the U.S. Civilian Research and Development Foundation
for the Independent States of the Former Soviet Union
National Medical Research Council (NMRC) Singapore
Heat Transfer Engineering Journal – an International Journal (published by Taylor and Francis)
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Many dozen invited presentations at national and international symposia throughout the world in the fields of engineering and medicine.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: None
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Engaged as an expert on hundreds of cases with law firms throughout the U.S. and a fewer number in Europe.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Engineering (mechanical and biomedical) and medicine
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Several dozens
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2013
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: several dozens
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: several dozens
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: since 2001
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, testing, reports, site inspections, testimony in depositions/trials etc.
Attorney references available upon request