I have more than 40 years of experience in all aspects of diving practices/diving medicine and hyperbaric oxygen therapy. This includes an extensive publication history within peer-reviewed medical journals and authoritative text books. I am an invited article submission reviewer for journals in the US, Europe and Australasia, and sought out by various agencies to assist with determine funding decisions on clinical research. I am solicited by journal editors to generate opinion pieces and commentary addressing areas of controversy. Through my headquarters facility, I have been responsible for education and training of some 8,000 health care professionals who have traveled from all continents. I helped found the certification board for diver medics, hyperbaric nurses and hyperbaric /technologists. I continue to serve as this Board's president. I have undertaken leading edge clinical research that produced an evidence-based foundation for one of the more common uses of HBO therapy.
- Dive Medicine
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Certified Hyperbaric Technologist
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: President, National Board of Diving & Hyperbaric Medical Technology
Life member, International Congress on Hyperbaric Medicine
Member, European Underwater & Baromedical Society
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Program Director; Primary Training in Hyperbaric Medicine ~ 8,000 attendees since 1986
Invited speaker, National Oceanographic & Atmospheric Administration Diving Medical Officer Training Course 1983-2010
Regular invited featured speaker and faculty member at diving and hyperbaric medicine conferences, symposiums and related courses on all continents
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Less than 20
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Diving medicine
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: ~60
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: ~40
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Less than 10
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2017 I believe, in Columbia, SC
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Once; Louisiana
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Twice
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: First cases were in the 1980's. Sporadically since then.
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting; case analysis; site (hyperbaric chamber and delivery system) inspections.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $350.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $350.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $400.00 with a $1,600.00 minimum.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $400.00 with a $2,000.00 minimum.
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel time billed at $250.00/hr. Time calculated based upon departure from home or office until arrival at destination office/hotel.
Business class air travel
Available Upon Request