Rhonda W. Sides is the Principal for Healthcare Services, Business Valuation and Litigation Support Services for Crosslin & Associates. Rhonda has 20 years of experience in business management, business valuation, litigation support, management consulting and healthcare consulting. Rhonda’s experience in business valuations includes valuations for business transactions, tax reporting, economic damages, and litigation support cases for closely-held and publicly-traded companies. Her forensic accounting experience includes engagements for purposes of alleged embezzlement, misappropriation of assets, financial feasibility, divorce and shareholder dissolution matters, and bankruptcy. Forensic engagement customers are in the banking, manufacturing, laboratory, real estate, healthcare, professional service and private equity business sectors.
A certified Public Accountant, licensed in Georgia and Tennessee, Rhonda is a member of the Georgia and Tennessee Societies of Certified Public Accountants, the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, and the Financial Consulting Group,LC, and association of valuation and accounting firms across the country that specialize in business valuation and litigation support services. She holds the valuation credentials of Accredited Business Valuator (ABV), and Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) and is a member of the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts. Additionally, Rhonda is Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF), and is a member of the National, Tennessee and Nashville Chapters of the Medical Group Management Association. She is past president of Middle Tennessee Healthcare Executives Association, an associate of the American Society of Appraisers, and a member of Healthcare Financial Management Association. She served on the Healthcare Committee for the Tennessee Society of CPAs and was an adjunct MBA professor for three years at The Massey School of Belmont University in Nashville.
Rhonda lectures nationally for various healthcare and financial organizations regarding the issues of combining the practicality of accounting with the needs of business management. Rhonda has written articles published in various sources including the Nashville Business Journal, Healthcare Financial Management, The Physician’s Advisory, Nashville Medical News, and the Southern Medical Association’s quarterly newsletter. She is also the co-author of two books, Valuation of a Medical Practice and Accounting Handbook for Medical Practices, both published by John Wiley & Sons. Rhonda has been named as one of Middle Tennessee’s top healthcare executives three years in Nashville Business Journal’s Healthcare 100 for 2002, 2003, and 2006 and also recognized for BizWomen profile in 2005 and Healthcare Hero in 2007. She was also named one of the 10 “Women to Watch in Healthcare” for 2011 by the Nashville Medical News as well as InCharge in Healthcare 2012 by the same publication, and was named one of “Accounting’s Finest” by the Nashville Post for 2011 and 2012.
Areas of Expertise
- Appraisal & Valuation
- Business Valuation
- Forensic Accounting
- Health Care Economics
- Medical Valuation
- Personal Property Valuation
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: CPA, CFF, CVA and ABV designation.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: See CV/Bio
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Publications: (Books) Valuation of a Medical Practice and Accounting Handbook for Medical Practices
Teaching: Adjunct Professor at Belmont University
Others, see CV/Bio
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: no
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 8
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Physician financial, valuation & billing issues, forensic accounting & fraud, lost profits/economic damages
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 6
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2012
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: approximately 15
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 2
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 10 years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Business Valuation and Litigation Support, Physician Consulting, and Forensic Accounting
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: negotiable
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: negotiable
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: negotiable
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: negotiable
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Expect all out of pocket expenses to be reimbursed.
Howell & Fisher, PLLC
Court Square Building
300 James Robertson Pkwy
Nashville, TN 37201
Waller Landsden Dortch and Davis
511 Union Street
Nashville, TN 37219