Mr. Burgess provides service as an Aviation Consultant for air traffic services, procedures and aircraft accident investigations. His areas of expertise include air traffic control, aviation, aircraft accident investigation & reconstruction, pilot experience, FAA regulations, aircraft operation, airports, airport operations, and radar data.
Areas of Expertise
- Accident Investigation
- Accident Reconstruction
- Transportation Safety
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Currently certified Flight Instructor for multi/single engine airplane
with commercial and instrument rating. Certified Air Traffic Controller
at several air traffic facilities and flight service stations.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Lawyer Pilots Bar Association
National Transportation Safety Board Bar Association
Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association
Air Traffic Control Association
Cessna Pilot Association
Cessna Owners Association
Pilot - Angel Flight South Central
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Over 20 years experience in the teaching and application of Air Traffic Control procedures as a supervisor, staff specialist and manager.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Approximately 195 times.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: The majority of cases are to investigate the application of Air Traffic Control procedures in aircraft accidents. I also provide air traffic advisory service to helicopter traffic during NASCAR races throughout the year. On other occasions, I have been retained as a pilot expert and to assist in the development of instrument approach procedures and airport improvements.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 70
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 30
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 59
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: April 11, 2011
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 28
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 28
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 16 years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting on all aspects of the application and evaluation of air traffic control services, pilot experience and providing air traffic control services
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: 240.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: 240.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $240.00 with a $2,000.00 minimum plus travel time and expenses.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $240.00 with a $2,500.00 minimum plus travel time and expenses.
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: $3,000.00 retainer and file opening fee, which is applied to work on the case. This fee is non-refundable.
Travel time is $240.00 an hour. Travel expenses, contracted services, supplies and equipment are at actual cost.
Mr. Donald M. Maciejewski
Zisser Robison Brown Nowlis & Maciejewski
One Independent Drive
Jacksonville FL 32202
Mr. Steven C. Marks
Podhurst Orseck Josefsbert Eaton
Meadow Olin & Perwin
City National Bank Building, Suite 800
25 West Flagler Street
Miami, Florida 33130
Mr. Jon Kettles
The Kettles Law Firm
6116 North Central Expressway
Dallas, Texas 75206
Mr. Jack W. London
Law Office of Jack London
3701 Bee Cave Road
Austin, TX 78746
Mr. Pat McGroder
Gallagher & Kennedy
2575 E. Camel Back
Phoenix AZ 85016