As my Curriculum Vitae will show, I have a history of more than 40 years in nursing, and more than 20 years of those years has been as an experienced witness. I have done every aspect of case work, between mediations, arbitrations, closed hearings and hearings and trials with and without a jury. The nature of these cases have been med malpractice, standards of care (both medical and psychological), abuse of the elderly ( financial and physical) and the life needs of these groups
I was on the forefront of case management in the very early 80's and one of the first providers of advocacy for the elderly and disabled. I have been recognized as a matter expert in nursing, life care, and issues of disability. I created the first national franchise ( IKOR) in the area of Advocacy, which covered the major cities in the US. To date there has been no entity to compete with it. I also created the framework for the software of IKOR, Datikor. With Datikor my understanding of the demand for instant information and the government need for HIPAA has remained sharp.
I have also worked with attorneys as a consultant when have been considering cases and when they have needed the medical game plan for a successful outcome. My testimony has been favored over Doctors and Psychologists by the courts, with most of the cases I have been involved in hostile and lawyers combative. Although I certainly appreciate the "more easy" case, in this part of the US I have a reputation for handling the ugly.
Areas of Expertise
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Child Abuse
- Child Custody
- Community Mental Health
- Hospital Security
- Inadequate/Negligent Security
- Medical Records
- Medical Valuation
- Nursing Homes
- Palliative Care
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Risk Management
- Spousal Abuse
- Structured Settlements
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Education: RN and Behavioral Health (BS), Assessment and Evaluations (MS), Health Science (PhD)
Accreditation: CCM ( Case Management) , FAACM, ( a Fellow in Case Management), PGCM ( Professional Geriatric Care Manager), NCG ( National Certified Professional Guardian), MoCA ( certified in Dementia evaluation), ABDA ( certified board of Disability Analysts - diplomate status
Licensed: RN in PA and DE ( a license which is recognized for practice in any other state)
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
• American Association of Nurse Assessment Coordinators
• National Guardianship Association
• National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers
• American Board of Certified Case Managers
• American Board of Disability Analysts
• International Association of Rehabilitation Professionals
• Pennsylvania Bar Institute Faculty Member
• Chester County Estate Planning Council
• Philadelphia Estate Planning Council
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: * Experienced as a nursing instructor for theoretical and practical aspects
* Teaching experienced RN's to become Case / Care Managers country wide and nursing standards
* Numerous public speaking experiences on various topics over the last 20 years ( Case Management, Abuse of the Elderly &
Disabled, Nursing Practices, and Working with Dementia and Head Injury) for groups usually of 50 -100 people
* Guest lecturer for CLE credits
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No, none of my accreditation have been suspended or removed
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Approximately 50 - 100 times
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: As a professional Guardian, as a Guardian Ad Litem, as an RN for nursing practices, med mal practices cases, criminal charges, disabled children with catastrophic injury,
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: roughly 80%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: roughly 20%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: approximately 8 times
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: about 2 years ago
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: every time I have been put before the court, I have been accepted as an expert
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: between 50 and 100 times
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 21 years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, reports, site inspections ( in Guardianship) and deposition or testimony
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: Telephone consult for 30 minutes - no charge
Face to face meeting inclusive of travel - expenses and no charge for 30 minutes consult after 30 minutes $350/hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $350 hour to review documents and video along with associated actions
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $500 per hour
cancellation fee with 2 days or less prior to scheduled testimony $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $500 per hour ( $5000 for full day) Full day for out of town testimony
Less than 2 days prior to scheduled testimony $2000
3-7 days prior to scheduled testimony $1000
8 or more days prior to scheduled testimony - no charge
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: All expenses incurred ( flights, food lodging) past through to you for out of town work
excess copy fees and postage when incurred
Justin Tomevi, Esq.
100 East Main St.
York, PA 17401
Donald L. Reinhart, Esq.
3015 Eastern Blvd.
York, PA 17402
Thomas W. Hall Esq.
415 North Duke St
Lancaster PA 19602