Broadly experienced vocational rehabilitation professional with knowledge of evaluation and job placement of individuals with disabilities. Liability examinations, vocational and academic evaluations, job training and career services for injured workers. Expert knowledge of vocational diagnostic evaluation and academic testing. Job development and work readiness training for State Office of Vocational Rehabilitation, Federal Workers Compensation and Veterans Affairs. Specialize in Traumatic Brain Injury and Spinal Cord Injury populations. Expert in in both ADA employment and academic accommodations and modifications. Knowledge of SSI, SSDI, Workers Compensation, Medicaid and Medicare benefits. Occupational determinations based on job analysis and classification of skill sets.
Areas of Expertise
- Addiction Medicine
- Alcohol Abuse
- Alcohol, Drug & DUI Testing
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Behavioral Science
- Disabled Access
- Hotel, Food & Restaurant
- Vocational Evaluation & Rehabilitation
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: New York University
Masters, Rehabilitation Counseling
1993 – 1995
State University of New York at Stony Brook
1987 – 1991
Certified Rehabilitation Counselor, CRC (since 1995)
Licensed Mental Health Counselor, LMHC. Provisional approval.
Core Service Coordinator Training Certificate (Office of Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities)
Course Work/Training in Identification and Reporting of Child Abuse and Maltreatment
HIV Pre and Post Test Counselor Training Certificate
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: 2009-Pres. DMD Committee Co-Chair, NYC Mayor’s Office for People with Disabilities
2010-Pres. Professional Member, International Association of Rehabilitation Professionals
2000-Pres. Training Board Member, National Rehabilitation Association, Metro NY Chapter
2009-Pres. Full Member, New York Academy of Traumatic Brain Injury
2003 Program Book Chair, National Rehabilitation Association, Metro NY Chapter
2001 President, National Rehabilitation Association, Metro NY Chapter
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Research & Presentations
Vocational Issues in Disability Claims: The Assessment of Own Occupation, Any Occupation, Dual Occupation, and Employability; and Determining a Claimant’s Entitlement to Full or Partial Disability Benefits. American Conference Institute’s 16th Annual National Advanced Forum on Litigating Disability Insurance Claims, NY, NY. Patricia Enriquez, M.A., C.R.C., Nicole Y. Blohm, J.D., and Jim Welty, J.D.
Using Social Media (Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter) in your Job Search: A Consumers Guide, Mayor’s Office for People with Disabilities, Disability Mentoring Day Seminar in Partnership with NYU Wasserman Center for Career Development. Patricia Enriquez, M.A., C.R.C. and Megan Breen, M.A.
Social Networking and Job Placement: A Counselor’s Guide, Patricia Enriquez, M.A., C.R.C., Presentation at the NYS ACCES-VR, Placement Consortium Meeting.
Employment: Meeting the Needs of Consumer, Counselor and Business, Patricia Enriquez, M.A., C.R.C., Rosalind R. Zuger, M.A., C.R.C., Kyle C. Goodridge, MA, SPHR, Aaron Shmueli, MA, and Chris O’Donoghue, MA. Panel Presentation, Northeast Rehabilitation (NERA) Training Conference.
Voice Recognition Computer Training Seminar, Patricia Enriquez, M.A., C.R.C., Adam Gagne, B.S. Training program developed for NYU Medical Center staff and patients.
Preparing for Equal Access to Electronic Information at New York University (Section 504 and 508 of the Rehabilitation Act), poster Patricia Enriquez, M.A., C.R.C., Co-author Tara Wilhelm, O.T.R./L., NYU Conference: Teaching & Learning More Effectively with Technology.
Computer Based Diagnostic Vocational Evaluation as a Predictor of Successful Outcomes for People with Traumatic Brain Injury and Spinal Cord Injury, Rosalind R. Zuger, M.A., C.R.C., Sandra Starr, M.S., Patricia Enriquez, M.A., C.R.C., Poster NRA Minnesota Training Conference.
The Prevalence of Affective Disorders Among HiV-/HIV+ Substance Abusers of a Methadone Maintenance Program, National Institutes of Mental Health, Mount Sinai Medical Center, Department of Psychiatry, presentation, Patricia Enriquez, B.A.
HIV Infected IVDA’s: Cognitive Testing and Reaction Time, Time Course and Treatment of HIV Related Mental Disorders, National Institute for Drug Abuse, Public Health Service Project paper, Lenard Handelsman, M.D., Barry Stimmel, M.D.,David Simpson, M.D., David Dorfman, Ph.D., Patricia Enriquez, B.A.
A Study of a Children’s Adjustment to a Parent’s Illness, National Institutes of Mental Health paper, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, NY. Karolynn Siegel, Ph.D., Marilyn Newman, R.N., Tina Sapienza, C.S.W., Barbara Fruend, D.S.W., Patricia Enriquez, B.A.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 100+
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Vocational Evaluation (IME) for liability cases, divorce cases, lead exposure, ADA Violations, FMLA Discrimination and Employer Discrimination.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: Approximately 50%.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: Approximately 50%.
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Twice.
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: In 2005 and 2008.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Over 100 times.
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: None in court, once for the Department of Justice on the behalf of my employer.
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 10+ years if you include my expert work for my employer's legal department.
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Vocational Consulting
Vocational Independent Medical Examination (IME) Report
Vocational Evaluation and Testing
Vocational Intake and Interview
Transferable Skills Analysis
Academic Testing (Aptitude and Achievement Testing)
Dictionary of Occupational Titles and Occupational Outlook Handbook (O*NET): job codes and salary projections
Career Assessment and Interest Inventories
Diagnostic Vocational Evaluation
Labor Market Review
Post Employment Services
American With Disabilities Act Accommodations
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $250.00 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $250.00 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $250.00 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $2000.00 flat rate
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
References upon request.