* RECOGNIZED REVIEW APPRAISAL SPECIALIST
* 25 years of private practice
* Qualified Expert Witness in EMINENT DOMAIN, WILDFIRE DIMINUTION IN VALUE, BANKRUPTCY, ATTORNEY MALPRACTICE, BANKRUPTCY, CONSTRUCTION DEFECT, CONTRACT DISPUTE
* Estate tax including Fractional/Partial Interests
* Testified in Arizona and California
* Licensed in Califonia and Nevada
* Approximately 60/40 balance between property owner/agency
* Clients include government agencies, property owners, including VERY high profile property owners.
NOT A "HIRED GUN". Litigation is less than 50% of my assignments with most of my assignments coming from financial institutions and estate tax practitioners.
- Construction Damages
- Real Estate Valuation
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: MAI, AI-GRS (GENERAL REVIEW SPECIALIST-The Appraisal Institute's new designation signifying accomplishment as a GENERAL REVIEW SPECIALIST), MBA (Pepperdine University), California Certified General Real Estate Appraiser, Nevada Certified General Real Estate Appraiser, California Licensed Real Estate Sales Agent
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Appraisal Institute, CCIM
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Visiting Fellow at the Hoag Center for Real Estate and Finance at Chapman University, Orange, California; Adjunct Professor of Real Estate Appraisal, Featured Speaker at the Northern California and Southern California Chief Appraiser's Conference.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 50+
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Eminent Domain, Divorce, Bankruptcy, Construction Defect, Attorney Malpractice, Contract Dispute, Brush Fire Damage.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 60% approximately
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 40% approximately
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Approximately 20-30 times
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2012
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 10+ times
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 10 times
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 25
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Real estate appraisals, review appraisals, commercial real estate loans, and consulting
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $175+
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $175+
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $275+ per hour.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $275+ per hour.
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel and other out of pocket expenses.
References upon request.