Omar Akhtar, MD is an expert in joint replacement surgery of the hip and knee. He has extensive experience treating infections; painful and stiff joints; fractures around the joint; dislocations; and failed replacements. He has been in independent practice for over 8 years and has performed thousands of hip and knee replacements including hundreds of revision (or do-over) joint replacements. He also has extensive experience in general orthopedics including trauma; fractures; tendon, nerve, and ligament injuries that require both surgical and non-surgical treatment. He has served as an expert witness in the past. He maintains a private practice in Austin, TX.
Areas of Expertise
- Medical Devices
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: MD, Rutgers-New Jersey Medical School
MS, Engineering, University of Pennsylvania
BS, Electrical Engineering, Rutgers University
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Fellow, American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
Fellow, American Association of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery & Perioperative Care, University of Texas-Dell Medical School
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: consulting, testimony, depositions, report preparations
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $2000 per day
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: travel expenses
Available Upon Request