Mr. Haaland has thirty four years experience in power production, design, construction, and commissioning, with 27 years managing people and projects. He is a registered professional engineer in Maryland and held a Senior Reactor Operator’s license at Indian Point #3 Nuclear Power Plant. Experience is in conventional, nuclear, and alternate fuel power plant mechanical and electrical systems management, design, construction, plant outage management, start-up, performance testing, and operation. He has performed as Project Manager, Construction Manager, and Commissioning Manager for several Greenfield power projects.
Areas of Expertise
- Electrical Engineering
- Equipment & Machinery
- Gas Turbine Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: EDUCATION AND COMMITTIES
BSME, New York Institute of Technology, 1980
IEEE-45.1 Shipboard Power Systems – Design Committee
• Registered Professional Engineer Maryland #22080
• Senior Reactor Operator: Indian Point Unit #3, 1025 MWe PWR
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: ASSOCIATIONS
Electrical Generating Systems Association
Instructor, EGSA On-Site Power School
Education committee member
On-Site Power Generation – Reference Book (4th edition)
– University Text Book (5th edition in
Chapter author, 4th edition
Chapter author and sub-committee member, 5th edition
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Generating Systems Association
Instructor, EGSA On-Site Power School, Troubleshooting
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 2
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Engineering of Power Plants
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 1
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 1
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 4
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: May, 2014
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 2
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 2
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 6
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, Testing, Reports, Site Inspections, Troubleshooting, Commissioning, Due Diligence
References upon request.