Dr. Aaron is a board certified Anesthesiolgist with over 34 years clinical experience in all aspects of Anensthesiology and Pain Management.
Dr. Aaron has reviewed over 200 cases as an in-house consultant for a malpractice insurance company in New York state, and has reviewed malpractice cases as an outside expert.
- Medical Malpractice
- Pain Management
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: BES - The Johns Hopkins University 1980
MD - Yale University School of Medicine1984
Residency in Anesthesiology - Albert Einstein/Montefiore Medical Center 1985-1988
Board Certified in Anesthesiology 1988
Medical License - NY
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Society of Anesthesiology
NY State Society of Anesthesiologists
American Society of Regional Anesthesiology
Society of Ambulatory Anesthesiology
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: >200: 2014-2022: In-house consultant in Anesthesiology for MLMIC Insurance Company
15: 1995-2014: outside expert review in Anesthesiology
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Anesthesiology
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 1%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 99%
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 2
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 27
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consultative review of medical records/cases
Certificates/Affidavits of Merit, Motions for Summary Judgement
Expert witness retention including appearance at deposition and/or trial testimony
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $400
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $400
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $525, minimum $2100 per diem
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $550 per hour, minimum $4400 per diem
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel expenses to deposition or trial; Lodging if travel is greater than 100 miles.
Linda Padilla-Diaz, JD
MLMIC Insurance Company
PO Box 1287
Latham, NY 12110