Nancy Terrill has 35 years of workout and executive banking experience at a large regional and money center bank. She offers expert witness services for in Commercial Banking Industry Standards, Bank Management, Fraud, Lender Liability, Regulatory Oversight, and Fiduciary Duties. During her years at a top public accounting firm, she gained expertise in M&A Due Diligence and increased her experience in business transactions. In addition, Inglewood offers Valuation, and Damages experts, Financial Consulting with focus in Insolvency matters including bankruptcy and receivership, and Jim Myers from Inglewood offers Real Estate expert opinions.
Areas of Expertise
- Business Valuation
- Litigation Finance
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Property Management
- Risk Management
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Nancy Terrill has an MBA-Finance from Cleveland State University and an undergraduate degree in International Business from Lake Erie College. She is a Certified Turnaround Professional (CTP), an accreditation requiring expertise in helping businesses facing insolvency identify problems, identify and implement solutions, negotiate with stakeholders and preserve value.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: TMA (Turnaround Management Association)
IWIRC (International Women in Insolvency)
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Various educational programs put on by TMA, IWIRC, RMA, CMBA (Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association) and an internal education programs.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: As of 1/1/2017, I have been retained in 20 cases as an expert.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Commercial Banking underwriting and collection standards, Allegations of fraud at the client or with bank employees, Banking standards in a typical commercial workout, Lender Liability, Participation loans, Third Party Risks, Breach of confidentiality, Coercion and Control, Conflict of Interest, Independence, Ethics, Commercial Bank Regulation, Good faith and fair dealing, Material adverse clause,
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: Banking cases often involve counterclaims making this distinction irrelevant. I have been hired by the lender 60% of the time.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: Banking cases often involve counterclaims making this distinction irrelevant. I have been hired by the party counter to the lender 40% of the time.
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: As of 1/1/2017, I have been deposed 11 times as an expert.
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: As of 1/1/2017, the last time I was deposed was November 2016.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Twice - once as an independent expert, once as a bank employee.
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Twice, once as an independent expert, once as a bank employee
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: As of 1/1/2017, I have worked as a legal industry expert for 9 years, having started in 2007.
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, reports, expert testimony.
References upon request.