Dr. Myung (Scott) Choi is board-certified in gastroenterology and hepatology. Since 2001, he has practiced gastroenterology and hepatology in both the academic and private practice settings. He has served as the CEO of Gastroenterology Associates (2015-2018), director of digestive disease for Novant Health in northern Virginia (2015-2018), and president of Advanced Digestive Care (2017-2019). He is currently a full time partner in a nine person gastroenterology group in northern Virginia, serving as the the director of clinical research. Over the course of his career, he has been recognized as a “Top Doctor” by Consumer Checkbook and Northern Virginia Magazine. For the past decade, he has provided expert review of medical malpractice claims, and consultations for vendors who seek advice about the diagnostic, therapeutic, or administrative aspects of gastroenterology practice.
- Hepatology (Liver)
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Medical degree, residency and fellowship from the Medical College of VA (1991-2001), Active license to practice medicine and surgery in the state of VA since 2006, ABIM certified in gastroenterology since 2001
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Clinical Instructor, Yale University of Medicine, New Haven, CT 2004
Assistant Clinical Professor, New York Medical College, 2005-2006
Speaker for Allergan 2016-2019
Speaker for Abbie, 2017-2019
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 100-150
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Gastroenterology, hepatology
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2020
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 2
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 10
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: case review, verbal and written opinion, expert video and trial testimony
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $1000
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $1000, with a minimum of 5k for the first day of trial
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel, lodging and meal expenses
Available Upon Request