Dr. Myung (Scott) Choi has been an expert witness for over the past decade. He is board-certified in gastroenterology and hepatology, and licensed to practice medicine in the state of Virginia. Since 2001, he has practiced gastroenterology and hepatology in both the academic and private practice environments. As an asssitant clinical professor at Metropolitan Hospital in New York city from 2005-2006, he was recognized by the medical students as the best physician-teacher. From 2014-2019, he served in many roles, including: CEO of Gastroenterology Associates, Director of Digestive Disease for Novant Health in northern Virginia, president of Advanced Digestive Care, and a speaker for Allergan and Abbvie.
Over the course of his career, he has been recognized as a “Top Doctor” by the Washingtonian, Consumer Checkbook and Northern Virginia Magazine. He is currently the director of clinical research for his practice, and has served as the principal investigator for several pharmaceutical trials related to treatments for crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, c. difficile, and GERD.
- Hepatology (Liver)
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Medical degree, residency and fellowship from the Medical College of VA (1991-2001),Active license to practice medicine and surgery in the state of VA since 2006, ABIM certified in gastroenterology since 2001
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Clinical Instructor, Yale University of Medicine, New Haven, CT 2004
Assistant Clinical Professor, New York Medical College, 2005-2006
Speaker for Allergan 2016-2019
Speaker for Abbie, 2017-2019
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 200+
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Gastroenterology, hepatology
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 4
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: July 2021
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 10
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Case review, verbal and written opinion, expert video and trial testimony
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $800
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $800
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $1000
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $1000, with a minimum of 10k for the first day of trial
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Deposition and trial preparation. Travel, lodging and meal expenses related to trial testimony.
Available Upon Request