Mindy Eisenberg Stark, is both a Certified Public Accountant as well as a Certified Fraud examiner. Her practice is extremely diverse, including real estate, divorce litigation,closely held business, trust and estates as well as taxation. As a consultant in the Economic Crime division of the Westchester County District Attorney's office for over 10 years, she has been qualified as an expert in the grand jury and the trial division. This experience has exposed her to a vast array of financial crimes for which she "follows the money" in order to assist the ADA's in their preparation for grand jury and trial.
Her private practice also includes litigation support. Mindy has worked with numerous attorneys in both New York City and Westchester County on matters including business conflict resolution, real estate transactions and divorce litigation. She brings to the matter a unique combination of business and financial acumen as well as the experience in forensic auditing.
Areas of Expertise
- Forensic Accounting
- Fraud Investigation
- Litigation Finance
- Property Management
- Real Estate Finance
- Residential Real Estate
- Retail Real Estate
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Certified Public Accountant
Certified Fraud examiner
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Council of New York Cooperatives courses on fraud prevention, refinancing of mortgages, management transitions
Builders Institute of Westchester Fraud Prevention
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: New York state Society suspension for lack of sufficient work paper documentation on certified audits ; no admission of guilt and remedial steps assigned have been completed; no bearing on forensic practice
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Over 100 including my consultations at the DA's office
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: real estate
trusts and estates
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 85%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 15%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: about 10
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 3 years ago
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 5
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 5
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 20
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: consulting, report writing, analysis, charts,
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $300
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $300
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $350
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $350
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: travel expenses
Available Upon Request