A "real world" expert witness for 35 years. In the last five years, clients have won over $80M in judgments. He does what he says he is going to do with integrity. Expertise in the valuing, buying, selling, financing, marketing, developing, constructing or redeveloping office, residential, retail, resort and industrial projects. He has been involved in 80 cases, over 20 depositions and 15 trials.
Areas of Expertise
- Commercial Real Estate
- Land Use & Zoning
- Lost Profits
- Real Estate Broker
- Real Estate Finance
- Real Estate Leasing
- Real Estate Valuation
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: A graduate of the University of Southern California, Mr. Russell earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science. As a Ford Foundation, U. S. Department of Public Health, U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Fellowships, Mr. Russell received his Masters Degree in Urban and Regional Planning, with an emphasis on real estate.
California Real Estate Broker License, 1978
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Board of Directors, Community Corporation of Santa Monica (affordable housing developer)
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Speaker at USC, UCLA and professional seminars for the Urban Land Institute and the National Association of Home Builders
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: None
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 60
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: • Damage calculations
• Partnership Issues
• Public/Private Agreements
• Land Use, Entitlements, Zoning
• Title and Easements
• Land and Vertical Development
• Homeowner Association Disputes
• Standard of Care for the Industry
• Broker Standard of Care
• Divorce--Real Estate Forensics, Valuation and Distribution
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50 percent
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50 percent
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 20+
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: October, 2016
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 10+
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Six
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 40 years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Expert Witness
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $425 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $425 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $550 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $550 per hour
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel time is billed at 5 hours per day and all expenses are billed at cost.
Greenberg Gross LLP
Issue: $50.3M judgment regarding partnership issue
The Gomez Law Firm
Issue: $3M judgment for broker misrepresentation, lack of disclosure, not meeting standard of care and fiduciary duties.
Issue: $22M judgement regarding valuation of estate for divorce proceedings
Holley, Driggs, Walch, Fine, Wray, Puzey & Thompson
Client: Michael and Joanna Harmon
Issue: Granddaughter of owner was the broker that sold a home without disclosing to the buyers that hazardous material was manufactured inside the home. The home is not habitable.
St. John’s Health Center
Client: St. John’s Health Center
Issue: Completion of Hospital campus, redeveloping general office building to medical office building and master planning the remainder of the campus.
Latham & Watkins
Client: Howard Hughes Corporation
Issue: Development Agreement, Conditional Permit, Tract Map, Variances and Certified Environmental Impact Report
Rummonds Barron Thorton
Client: Britannia III
Issue: TIC judgement against sponsor for misrepresentation, valuation, fraud, good faith and fair dealing, as well dereliction of duties
Gass Weber Mullins
Stefanie Jill Fogel
Client: Pulte Homes
Issue: Disclosure of assessment district costs for Oakley, California residential community
Rutan & Tucker
Issue: Partnership issues relative to a 90-acre shopping center development
Backus, Bland, Navarro & Weber LLP
Issue: Economic damages created by single building tenant defaulting on lease
Joseph M. Marchini
firstname.lastname@example.orgClient: Western Farm Service (Fresno)
Issue: Rights of tenant in a build-to-suit when delivery date of headquarters was exceeded by nearly a year
Saul S. Rostamian
Winston & Strawn LLP
Client: Tarbell Realtors
Issue: Rights of tenant under the lease and definition of constructive notice
G. Christian Roux
Alston + Bird LLP
213/576-1103 (direct line)
Client: Miller Brothers
Issue: Declaration in opposition to summary judgment motion by lender regarding an outstanding developer loan