I am an audio, video, and image forensic analyst and have been practicing for 9 years. I have expert witness testimony experience in courts at the state level. I have also performed several successful investigations in various international cases. My forensic practices for audio investigation include digital audio authentication, clarification, and comparison. As a video forensic expert, my practices include video authentication, clarification, analysis, and recovery. As an image forensic expert, my practices include image clarification, image authentication, and image comparison. Statement of Duty: I understand that my duty as an expert witness is to assist the court by providing impartial, objective, unbiased and independent opinions uninfluenced by the party who has retained me or called me as a witness.
Throughout the course of my investigation, I have often worked directly for and on behalf of Law Enforcement agencies in forensic investigative capacities throughout the United States. Some of these departments include The Department of Justice, Department of Defense, Department of Internal Affairs, Cedar Rapids Police in IA, Attorney Generals’ offices of New York, Michigan and several others. As a forensic video analyst, I follow and assist in generation of the best practices by the Scientific Working Group for Digital Evidence (SWGDE).
- 3D Laser Scanning
- Demonstrative Evidence/Exhibits
- Evidence Analysis & Preservation
- Private Investigators
- Sound Engineering
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Certified Forensic Video Technician with LEVA (The Law Enforcement & Emergency Services Video Association)
Current video committee member with SWGDE (The Scientific Working Group on Digital Evidence)
Bachelor's of Science in Audio Engineering Technology
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: LEVA (The Law Enforcement & Emergency Services Video Association)
IAI (International Association for Identification)
AES (Audio Engineering Society)
SWGDE (The Scientific Working Group on Digital Evidence)
University of Colorado Center for Media Forensics
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Over 1000 times
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: Over the first half of my career (5 years) our firm worked 80/20 plaintiff v defense.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: Over the last 5 years we are 60/40 defense dominant for case work.
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 14 times over the course of 10 years. On average I have 4 depositions per year.
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: My last deposition was on April 20th, 2022
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Four times in the last 4 years.
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Twice
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 10
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Forensic video analysis
Forensic audio analysis
Audio, video & image enhancement
Audio, video & image authentication
Photographic image comparison
Digital image authentication
Photogrammetry/reverse projection for height & speed estimation
3D laser scanning for point cloud creation
Expert witness consulting
Expert witness testimony
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $380
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $190
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $400
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $400
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Fee schedule can be provided upon request.
Available Upon Request