Assistant Clinical Professor Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences, Keck School of Medicine, USC from 2005-2006; Expert Witness, Enforcement Division, Board of Behavioral Science Examiners, State of California; Defense & Prosecution Expert Witness, Criminal Court; Expert Custody Evaluator; Government Expert, Social Security Office of Hearings & Appeals, consultant, CSI: crime scene, Analysis and Psychological Profiling Presentation to UCI extension. National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology, Award from the White House, President' s Volunteer Service Award, served as an expert consultant, California Attorney General, Certified Forensic Expert, Inland Southern California Psychological Association.
- Alcohol Abuse
- Brain Injury
- Child Custody
- Child Psychiatry
- Child Psychology
- Drug Abuse
- Forensic Psychiatry
- Forensic Psychology
- Pain Management
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Sanity/Competency to Stand Trial
- Sexual Abuse
- Sexual Addiction
- Sexual Harassment/Discrimination
- Spousal Abuse
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences, Keck School of Medicine, USC (2005-2006);Expert Witness, State of California, Dept of Consumer Affairs, Board of Behavioral Science Examiners, Enforcement Division; Government Expert, Health and Human Services; Expert witness for prosecution & defense, criminal court; expert custody evaluator; licensed psychologist California & Pennsylvania; licensed marriage & family therapist, California; Plaintiff and defense expert on civil matters involving, traumatic brain injury, child abuse and related matters as well as, PTSD; served as an Expert Consultant to California Attorney General
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Member. American Psychological Association; Member, Forensic Expert Witness Association; Member, National Academy of Neuropsychology; Member. Psychology-Law Division American Psychological Association; Member Association of Family & Conciliation Courts; Member, National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology; Member, California Psychological Association, Member -Orange County Sheriff s Professional Services Reserve.
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: presented course on Psychological Profiling & Crime Scene analysis,UCI, Irvine Ca; presented peer-reviewed papers to American College of Forensic Psychology, California Psychological Association. Invited speaker on Assessment of Child Sexual Abuse to Minors Counsel Section Of Orange County Superior Court, presented paper on Leaming Disabled defendant to Leaming Disability Association of California; invited expert Dr. Howard Gluss
Show, LA Talk Radio, Michael Jackson Trial; invited Address, University of Delaware, Career Paths in Forensic Psychology in the 21st Century.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: no
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: over 1000
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: eyewitness identification, sanity, competency to stand trial, testamentary capacity, false confession, post-traumatic stress disorder, police interviewing techniques, assessment of sexual deviation, sexual predator determination, conservatorship, competency to execute fiduciary contracts, disability determination for social security office of Hearings & Appeals, effects of psychotropic medications on confession, capacity to waive Miranda, death penalty, three strikes sentencing hearings, expert neuropsychologist in criminal and civil matters, contested juvenile disposition, fitness hearings, reunification, parental rights, analysis of criminal intent, custody and visitation disputes, neuropsychological assessments of sex offenders, test inventory and trial competence, assessments of PTSD and fitness for duty for (military command and law enforcement), expert medical reviewer, expert on standard of care.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 30%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 70%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Approximately 50
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 6 months ago
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 1000
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 1000
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 30 yrs
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: psychological assessment of sexual deviation and assessment of allegations of sexual molestation, trained in Abel Assessment of Sexual Interests;Neuropsychological assessment, suggestibility testing, competency to stand trial assessment, use of crime scene investigation insanity and psychological profiling, custody evaluations, video graphics presentations to juries; effects of trauma on victims, sanity and criminal intent (expert in brain injury, child sexual abuse), second opinion reports on child custody evaluations, individual, family, child and marital therapy; Assessment of competency to waive Miranda, second opinions for Child Custody Evaluations, assessments for military counsel and fitness for duty, expert medical review, expert review of standard of care.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: 400 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: 400 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: 600 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: 2500/half day; $5000/full day
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: per diem,$350 per hour,meals & hotel
- A Judicial Response to a Longstanding Problem: Faulty Eyewitness Identification
- Assessment and Prevention of Traumatic Brain Injury in High School, College, and Professional Football: A Catastrophy Spinning Out of Control
- Child Investigative Interviewing: Is there a gold standard?
- Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy In Athletes And Military Populations
- Complex PTSD in Survivors of Prolonged and Repeated Trauma
- Evaluation of Sexual Offending: Are They All Predators?
- False Confessions in a Post-DNA World
- Faulty Eyewitness ID: A Major Contributor To Wrongful Conviction
- Interviewing Impaired Child Witnesses With Disabilities
- Importance of Forensic Psychology Guidelines: The Jodi Arias Trial
- Pitfalls in Testimony Involving Children's Memory
Deputy District Attorney
Kem County District Attorney's Office 1215 Truxtun Ave.
Bakersfield, CA 93301
433 N Camden Drive, Ste. 888
Beverly Hills CA 90210
Schonbrun DeSimone Seplow Harris & Hoffman, LLP
723 Ocean Front Walk # 100
Venice, CA 90291