My name is Michael Mayfield. I am a registered nurse with a combined 10 years of nursing experience. I am currently enrolled in my Master's of Forensic Nursing at Fitchburg State College. I have taken a Legal Nurse Consultant Certificate course through Lock Haven University. I perform DMEs, Case Merit Assessments, Record Review/Chronologies, and Expert Witness work for plaintiff and defense.
My Nursing Expertise include: Standards of Care, Critical Care, Neurology/Neurovasc, Neurosurgery, Stepdown, Ortho/Spine, Med/Surg, Trauma, Camp Nursing, ER, and Sexual Assault/Forensics.
I offer a FREE Initial Consultation and make myself available to clients via phone/email as needed throughout the case. I offer a simple fee schedule and willing to negotiate to your needs. Let me help you decide if your case has merit. Physicians are extremely expensive and nurses can provide many of the same services for a fraction of the cost. I allow you to dedicate your time and resources to focus on what you know best, the Law. I will focus on sorting through medical records and exams and provide a detailed, highlighted, easy to follow report for you and your experts. I am also available to testify to my findings in court.
- Critical Care Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Legal Nurse Consultant
- Medical Records
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Wound Care/Pressure Sores
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Legal Nurse Consultant Certificate through Lock Haven University
RN License in following states: FL, PA, CA, VA
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants (AALNC)
American Association of Critcal-Care Nurses (AACN)
International Association of Forensic Nurses (IAFN)
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Have not been retained at this time
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: N/A
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: N/A
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: N/A
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Once as a Registered Nurse, not as an expert
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2015
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: None at this time
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: N/A
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: Entry Level
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Case Merit Review, DME, Record Review/Chronology, Expert Witness, Testifying Witness
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: Free Initial Consultation and discuss fee schedule for future consults.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: 100/Hr with a retainer
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: 300/Hr with a 4 hour minimum
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: 300/Hr with an 8 hour minimum
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Attorney to provide all travel expenses for deposition or trial. 50 cents per mile driving and tolls/parking expenses
Available Upon Request