Dr. Marchildon is a board certified pediatric surgeon with 30+ years of experience/practice. He has received multiple awards including graduating summa cum laude (BS in Chemistry) from the University of Notre Dame, was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Honorary Medical Society from Stanford University School of Medicine; received the March of Dimes award for clinical excellence, and was named a "Top Doc" by many newspapers and magazines in Southern New Jersey. He has been author or co-author of 34 medical articles, and has led clinical investigations on pediatric intravenous nutrition and the management of pediatric appendicitis. He still practices in several states as a locums pediatric surgeon.
Dr. Marchildon is experienced in report writing, deposition testimony, and trial testimony. He has been retained by both plaintiffs and defense about equally. He also completed the SEAK course on "How to Be an Effective Expert Medical Witness."
- Pediatric Surgery
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: BS University of Notre Dame
MD Stanford University School of Medicine
Pediatric Surgery Fellowship Los Angeles Children's Hospital
Board Certified and Recertified in Pediatric Surgery; Certificate expires in 2026
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Fellow, American College of Surgeons
Fellow American Academy of Pediatrics
Member American Pediatric Surgical Association
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Multiple academic appointments including Professor of Surgery at Cooper Medical School at Rowan University in Camden, NJ
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Approximately 20
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Multiple - neonatal surgery, pediatric appendicitis - delayed diagnosis and surgery complications, pediatric trauma, surgical complications in treatment of many conditions,
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: ~ 60%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: ~ 40%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: ~ 10
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: ~ 2018
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Have never not been qualified
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: ~ 4
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: ~ 20
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, writing reports, giving depositions, testifying in court (if necessary)
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: First telephone consultation: no charge
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $500/hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: Minimum: $2,000
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: TBD
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel expenses if travel required
Available Upon Request