Michael G. Kessler is the President/CEO of Kessler International, a world-renowned consulting firm specializing in forensic accounting, computer forensics and corporate investigations. Mr. Kessler is a leading expert in the area of financial fraud. As such, he has conducted thousands of complex forensic audits requiring the utmost skill, integrity and discretion. Prominent attorneys, corporations and by government agencies nationwide seek his assistance for both investigations and staff-training. Mr. Kessler and his firm have provided both forensic and litigation consulting for many high-profile defense and plaintiff cases involving white-collar issues.
Areas of Expertise
- Asset Searches
- Computer Security
- Electronic Discovery
- Forensic Accounting
- Health Care Economics
- Intellectual Property
- Judgment Recovery
- Private Investigators
- Risk Management
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: CFE, CICA, DABFA FABFE
Certified Forensic Accountant
Certified Fraud Examiner
Certified Internal Controls Auditor
Digital Forensics Certified Practitioner
Mr. Kessler holds a BS in Accounting and MBA in Executive Management from St. John’s University and a Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study in Business from Pace University. Mr. Kessler also regularly attends professional training sessions as both as a student and instructor.
He serves as a special consultant to the York County District Attorney, and has served as a Special Investigations Unit of the Nassau County District Attorney, and to ABC News, CBS News, Fox Television and various newspapers and magazines concerning white-collar crime issues.
Mr. Kessler is licensed by AZ, IN, MI, MO,NC, NY, NJ, FL, CT, GA, CA, TX, IL, WA, and PR as a Private Investigator. He has been qualified as a Certified Forensic Accountant, Certified Internal Controls Auditor, Certified Fraud Examiner and a Board Certified Forensic Examiner
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Mr. Kessler is a Dipolmate of the American Board of Forensic Accounting and has attained Fellow status with the American Board of Forensic Examiners and has been qualified in a number of jurisdictions as an Expert. He has served on the Litigation Forensics Board of the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts and Board of Directors of the Council of International Investigators. He is currently the Chair of the American College of Forensic Examiners International – Executive Board of Forensic Accounting and serves of the IT committee of the Institute of Internal Control Auditors. Mr. Kessler has attained accreditation from the Academy of Experts in the United Kingdom. Mr. Kessler was recently nominated to sit on the Board of Directors for the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners.
Mr. Kessler has received numerous letters of commendation from government officials throughout the country. In 1984 he received the Outstanding Citizenship Award from the City of New York for his exemplary service to the city. Mr. Kessler is the editor of “The Kessler Report,” numerous trade publication articles and a co- author of "Fraud Audit Review Manual for Hospitals" published by the HCFA-HHS.
American College of Forensic Examiners
International Trademark Association
The Academy of Experts
Institute of Internal Auditors
American Society for Industrial Security
Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
World Association of Detectives
National Law Enforcement Associates
High Technology Crime Investigation Association
American Board of Forensic Examiners
National Association of Legal Investigators
The Institute of Internal Control Auditors
International Association for the Study of Organized Crime
Association of British Investigators
The Institute of Professional Investigators
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Mr. Kessler is licensed in New York State as a Business Education and Accounting Instructor. He has served as an instructor at Hofstra University.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 15.
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: For more than 30 years.
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: consulting, testing, investigation, reports, inspections, audits, forensics, and many more. Visit www.investigation.com for more detailed services.
References upon request.